• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up South Carolina shooters

DAVID1989

Minuteman
Sep 22, 2017
Calhan, Colorado
Looking for some people in SC to shoot with. I'm in Beaufort, between Savannah, GA and Charleston. Have a deer lease where u can shoot out to 6-800 yards.

With both a deer lease and a place to shoot 800 yards, you'd be my new best friend if you weren't at the opposite corner of the state.

:cool:

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

With both a deer lease and a place to shoot 800 yards, you'd be my new best friend if you weren't at the opposite corner of the state.

:cool:

It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Lol yeah I got lucky with the lease. Where are you located in SC?

Pickens County, about twenty minutes from NC. It's about as far from Beaufort as you can get and still be in South Carolina.

The only salvation is that public hunting land is not too far, but not knowing any farmers or landowners of large tracts, that limits me to Saturday hunting only.

Pickens County, about twenty minutes from NC. It's about as far from Beaufort as you can get and still be in South Carolina.

The only salvation is that public hunting land is not too far, but not knowing any farmers or landowners of large tracts, that limits me to Saturday hunting only.

You need to get yourself over to SCOTG in Laurens. Steel at 200yd increments to 1200, multiple 50yd pistol bays, a 75yd carbine bay and a 100yd zero bay.

You need to get yourself over to SCOTG in Laurens. Steel at 200yd increments to 1200, multiple 50yd pistol bays, a 75yd carbine bay and a 100yd zero bay.

I wasn't sure they were even open. I had found references to the site and it's only about an hour away, but earlier this year their FB page (I can't find an actual website and I don't do FB) hadn't been updated in over a year.

I just moved back to PA in May, but in April, they were VERY open and doing well. They are pretty busy hosting different groups for training, so just Email Bo ([email protected]) and ask about membership.

Yeah hunting can be rough if you don't know ppl or aren't a member of a club or lease. And at least in my part of the state, the WMA's are way over hunted. Too many years of ppl with a "brown is down" mentality. Even having a 1000 acre lease the hunting isn't as good as I'd like. Let me know if you're ever down this way and well get a hunt set up.

Yeah hunting can be rough if you don't know ppl or aren't a member of a club or lease. And at least in my part of the state, the WMA's are way over hunted. Too many years of ppl with a "brown is down" mentality. Even having a 1000 acre lease the hunting isn't as good as I'd like. Let me know if you're ever down this way and well get a hunt set up.

Thank you, that is very decent of you. I will do that.

The good thing about where I can hunt is that it's big woods hunting. I have never seen anyone else out there. I once saw a truck parked where I park, but that's it.

Thank you, that is very decent of you. I will do that.

The good thing about where I can hunt is that it's big woods hunting. I have never seen anyone else out there. I once saw a truck parked where I park, but that's it.

Well that's sounds a lot better than coastal SC. Any luck this year?

Hey David. I’m over in Summerville. Would love to go out and shoot with you. I’d also like to invite you to come up to Summerville and shoot an F-Class match. The club shoots an 800 yard match every other month. They shoot a midrange match inbetween. I’ll pm my contact info to you.

Well that's sounds a lot better than coastal SC. Any luck this year?

I happened to spot the new issue of the DNR regulations and picked it up to see when opening day would be. That was Wednesday.

:(

I need to renew my license before I get out. Plus I've got family coming to visit. Besides, the mood doesn't really strike me until there's a little nip in the air.

I just moved to Charleston and looking for a new place to shoot. I saw palmetto gun club has 800 yards, but also has a waiting list for a membership. I might try to stop down for an F-Class match in the near future.

I'm also interested in any matches (PRS, Sniper/Tactical, etc). Any recommendations? I might try to drive over to GA for the mammoth if it's not to late to sign up.

DAVID - sounds like you have a good deal down there! I'm jealous.