• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

155-185 gr Bullet Comparison

midmoguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2013
Eastern KC
Im sure someone has done this many times over but in my efforts to choose bullets for my .308 i decided to make an excel sheet to make it easier for myself. When possible i used BC obtained by Brian Litz, otherwise factory numbers were used. I didnt want to bother searching for the lowest prices so i just used Midways prices to give me an average to compare fairly. If you think i did something wrong/used the wrong numbers, this was just for personal use not meant to be scientifically perfect. One conclusion I drew from the table is that Berger seems to have the best bullets over all the weight ranges if they shoot in your rifle.

View attachment Bullets Sheet 2.pdf

Attachments

• Bullets Sheet.pdf
    78.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Im sure someone has done this many times over but in my efforts to choose bullets for my .308 i decided to make an excel sheet to make it easier for myself. When possible i used BC obtained by Brian Litz, otherwise factory numbers were used. I didnt want to bother searching for the lowest prices so i just used Midways prices to give me an average to compare fairly. If you think i did something wrong/used the wrong numbers, this was just for personal use not meant to be scientifically perfect. One conclusion I drew from the table is that Berger seems to have the best bullets over all the weight ranges if they shoot in your rifle.
View attachment 7871

Stolen and saved!! Thanks for taking the time to make this up eh.

Don't forget the Lapua 185gr Scenar!

LE2b1108b.jpg

Chris