• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HK MR 762 Photo Up

samnev

First Sargeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 16, 2010
    Surprise, AZ
    Sorry guys I can't figure out how to post more than one photo at a time with my new Mac BOOK Pro. It has an Atlas Bipod, Larue Mount, Troy Vertical front grip and a Leupy Mk 6 1-6X20 FFP scope at present. I will see how it shoots and perhaps change the scope. Figured it out. Just edit thread and add photo. It came with the 10 round mag and 4 20 round mags.

Last edited:
    That's a nice set up. What is your overall opinion of the scope, I am looking to put something like this on my POF? I'm also interested to see how well it shoots, keep us posted.

Its official, Sam...YOU SUCK!! ;)

Seriously...the rifle looks great. Looking forward to your impressions after you have a chance to put her through her paces.

Razor and ORD,
    So far I really like the scope. Crystal clear, no chromatic aberration that I can tell and no distortion at the edges at any power. However how well it tracks and its resolution will have to wait until my wife gets of her crutches. Right now she needs me home to help her get around. Hopefully in the next week or so I will be able to get out to the range and I will report back. Razor, funny I have been thinking about switching the Leupy to my POF 415 as well and putting my Nightforce 5-5-22X50 or Vortex Viper 4-16X50 FFP on the 762 if it shoots well but not sure yet. Thanks for the king words.
    Sam

I really like those HK mags and wish Magpul would make their mags like that, being transparent. Nice rifle!

I agree with Killshot, I really like those clear mags. Sam I think if you are going to stay 600 yrd and in I would keep the leupold on it. If you plan on going out farther either one of the other scopes would serve you well. Man you have all the cool toys, I want to be like you when I grow up!

I agree with Killshot, I really like those clear mags. Sam I think if you are going to stay 600 yrd and in I would keep the leupold on it. If you plan on going out farther either one of the other scopes would serve you well. Man you have all the cool toys, I want to be like you when I grow up!

Razor you are right. That is why i was just thinking about swapping scopes. The more I thought about it the less I liked the idea as all of my shooting in the foreseeable future will be 600 yards or less. So I am 99% sure I will keep the Mk 6 on the 762. Yes I have a lot of neat toys. One day I would like to post some of my class III toys but they don't have a class III board here. However, it took me a life time to accumulate all of them. My favorite semi auto is still my SIG PE 57.
    Sam

Last edited:

+1 on all of this!

And not to derail this discussion of a very fine HK...but as for the clear/translucent mags...they are indeed a nice feature. There was some scuttle not long ago about a well-known mfg (no...not Magpul ;) ) getting into the translucent LR-308/DPMS pattern mags, but I've not seen/heard anything more so I don't know where that project stands (or if it ever really went anywhere at all). I would fully support the idea for both that feature as well as to just have another quality mag mfg get into the large-frame magazine game. Magpul has at least gotten the point to an extent by offering at least one of their new 20LR PMAGs with a larger (wider/longer) window, but having tried the "translucent" thing a while back with poor results...I don't think we'll likely seen them from Magpul.

Great setup Samnev. I'm waiting for the Leupold 3-18x44 with the M5C2 turrets to throw on my 762. Here is a pic of my friends set up (Pinco Palla, who has all the cool toys). The groups he shot were at 200. He is also running a micro off to the side. I think the size of the 3-18x is perfect for the HK762.

Sam, I like your setup the way it is as well. A perfect balance of weight and functionality. I had to sell a lot of my fav's to cover some unexpected medical bills, But I'm working on rebuilding my collection.

Sam, I like your setup the way it is as well. A perfect balance of weight and functionality. I had to sell a lot of my fav's to cover some unexpected medical bills, But I'm working on rebuilding my collection.

Razor,
    I know how you feel. When I was divorced many years ago I had to sell most of my collection and start over again. But in time it all worked out. I am sure it will for you as we'll.

RSR, that was great shooting. I hope mine will shoot that we'll.
    Sam

Sam- the groups in the picture above were shot by Pinco Palla ..... and yes, they are impressive. I haven't taken mine out yet, waiting to pick up the 3-18x Leupold with the C2 knobs. Right now they sit in the safe.

Sam- the groups in the picture above were shot by Pinco Palla ..... and yes, they are impressive. I haven't taken mine out yet, waiting to pick up the 3-18x Leupold with the C2 knobs. Right now they sit in the safe.

RSR,
    Wow, now I know why the 762's are so hard to come by. Someone has cornered the market, nice. LOL. The reason I have been equivocating about which scope to use on my 762 is I have a NF NXS 3-15x50 on my LMT MWS and a NF NXS 5.5-22x50 on my DPMS SASS so I am trying to cover various range scenarios.
    Sam

Last edited: