• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whiskey 3 or Cadex chassis for .308?

I 've not shot behind a CADEX, but I love my KRG W3. Installation is a breeze. For the money, W3 would be my choice again.

Last edited:
The W3 and cadex are both straight drop in bolt and go chassis. I like my W3 a lot but was recently looking at a cadex for a new build, but in looking at it and a W3, there isn't enough of a difference in features that I want/need to justify the cadex price point.The few features not on the W3 that are on the cadex ,I can bolt on to do the same thing. The only thing not possible to do is the stock folding to the right side instead of the left.

Without knowing what your wants/needs are in a chassis, its hard to point to one over the other, other than the high price on the cadex chassis, as both are really good chassis. Personally, I would point you to the W3, it's made in the USA and they frequent the hide. Their customer service is outstanding, they hooked me up with upgrades to the chassis at no charge after the sale, something I didn't expect. I can't comment on cadex's support but I haven't seen anything negative mentioned about it. That might be in part due to not many people having cadex chassis (that I have seen) based on their high price point. If they were in the same price range as similar chassis out there I think more people might have and use them is my guess.

image.jpg

As previously stated, make sure you consider that the Cadex folds to the right side/encapsulates the bolt. As much as I REALLY like the Cadex and that would be my choice, it may limit the size/style bolt knob you can use???

I have a couple of these arm bands from Sunrise tactical. I love them, and I actually use a small black grease pencil for quick writing. It wipes right off and I can start over anytime I need. Then I just put my basic dope chart inside.

Hey guys. I'm conflicted here. I really want a folding stock and I've narrowed it down to the KRG Whiskey 3 and the Cadex Strike chassis for my Remington 700 .308. Does anyone have any experience with one or both of them?

Yes.

How easy are they to install?

The W3C is easiest, since there is nothing to remove. You just drop your barreled action in and torque the action screws. You can use whatever scope base you wish. The Strike 30 has it's own scope base/top rail that needs to be installed. IIRC you have to remove the forend tube in order to drop your action in, but that isn't exactly difficult.

Any info would be great. Thanks guys.

There is a drastic price difference and a difference in feel between the two. You need to determine if the tubular forend and the tool-less adjustment of the Cadex is worth the difference.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the input. A couple things...I REALLY wanted a tan chassis (like the Cadex), however I realize that I could easily duracoat the W3. But that's just extra work I have to do. The price point isn't a deal breaker for me. I can get a Cadex at a discounted price. Not as low as the $1300 for the W3, but still better than the advertised $2500. I also like the idea of the stock folding onto the bolt. However I really like KRG and the whole "Made in the USA" thing - something I had not thought about. Thanks for the input again guys. I'll post pics when I make my mind up!

Shoot straight,
Paden

Scroll up and look at my W3, it's tan thanks to some krylon. :) You can Duracoat/Cerekote/hydrodip the W3 and it would still be less $$ than the cadex. KRG is also a veteran owned small business so I have no problem supporting them.

Too high for prime time

Look VERY closely at the Cadex design and you will see:

1.-> the forend is unnecessarily large in diameter

2.-> the large dia. forend (and thus high Picatinny reil) makes the scope mounting too high

3.-> All this means you need to raise the cheekpiece quite high (unless you have a very long neck!)

Skip Cadex until they get it right.

Scroll up and look at my W3, it's tan thanks to some krylon. :) You can Duracoat/Cerekote/hydrodip the W3 and it would still be less $$ than the cadex. KRG is also a veteran owned small business so I have no problem supporting them.

Yeah I saw yours - looks really good. And I know KRG is owned by some old SF guys. I really like that about them!

Look VERY closely at the Cadex design and you will see:

1.-> the forend is unnecessarily large in diameter
2.-> the large dia. forend (and thus high Picatinny reil) makes the scope mounting too high
3.-> All this means you need to raise the cheekpiece quite high (unless you have a very long neck!)

Skip Cadex until they get it right.

I noticed the elevated picatinney and comb. That is one of the reasons I am hesitant and would really like to get behind one to test how comfortable it would be. However, I havn't really heard anything bad from the people that have them. So maybe it balances out? Idk.

It is unfortunate that you are not closer. I would be happy to let you shoot both.

I definitely wish this was an option!!

Interested in this discounted price of yours??? How?

They ran a promo code during SHOT show this year and it would appear they still honor the code. I added the chassis to my cart and entered the code and it showed the discounted price. Now, I may place an order and get an email saying, "sorry we messed up, the code is not valid." If that were the case, I would certainly go with the W3.

I am seriously tempted to just buy both and try them out, and then turn around and sell the one I don't like as much. However, I really like that KRG are veteran owned. And at almost half the retail price, I am leaning towards them. But man I really like the looks of the Cadex. This may be the most difficult decision I've ever had to make!!

... Their customer service is outstanding, they hooked me up with upgrades to the chassis at no charge after the sale, something I didn't expect. View attachment 9310

What sort of upgrades are you speaking of?

Last edited:
Yeah I saw yours - looks really good. And I know KRG is owned by some old SF guys. I really like that about them!

HAHA, I wouldn't put them in the old category just yet by any means. :)

What sort of upgrades are you speaking of?

I ordered some flush cups from the website after I had the chassis for awhile and a few weeks later I emailed them about the order. They said they had upgraded my order to flush mount cups and were also sending me the Gen 3 fore end ( I had a Gen 2 initially) at no charge, hence the delay in shipping it. Needless to say, I had no problem with their reason for the delay.

I also like that I can mount my W3 on a tripod via the pic rail on the bottom of the forearm and the piece of pic rail comes with the chassis, 2 pieces of pic rail come with it actually, that you can use as you see fit. If you want to add more or longer pieces the chassis is set up for it, you just have to bolt it on and go. This keeps the whole thing as light as you want it and also gives you the flexibility to easily add accessories (NV ,etc)when you need them and not have to have a permanent mount bolted to the chassis.

To me, the KRG Whiskey 3 chassis is the best chassis on the market. as far as the Cadex, I have never been a fan of the full length uppers rail due to the additional scope clearance needed. I never got into the AI AX chassis for this same reason, the Cadex chassis has this same full lenght rail.

HAHA, I wouldn't put them in the old category just yet by any means. :)

I ordered some flush cups from the website after I had the chassis for awhile and a few weeks later I emailed them about the order. They said they had upgraded my order to flush mount cups and were also sending me the Gen 3 fore end ( I had a Gen 2 initially) at no charge, hence the delay in shipping it. Needless to say, I had no problem with their reason for the delay.

I also like that I can mount my W3 on a tripod via the pic rail on the bottom of the forearm and the piece of pic rail comes with the chassis, 2 pieces of pic rail come with it actually, that you can use as you see fit. If you want to add more or longer pieces the chassis is set up for it, you just have to bolt it on and go. This keeps the whole thing as light as you want it and also gives you the flexibility to easily add accessories (NV ,etc)when you need them and not have to have a permanent mount bolted to the chassis.

Haha, I only meant "former" when I said old. I wasn't necessarily referring to age. Thanks for all the info man. I really appreciate it.