• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rails and Rings for Rem 700 5R 308

Franky-sama

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Sac-a-tomatoes, CA
Hello all,
A bit of newb here, but I just picked up a Rem 700 5R 308 and looking for good set of rails and rings. I am going to be putting a SWFA SS 3-9x42 on it. This gun will see most of its shooting on the range (100-500 yards, w/ occasional higher yardage) Thanks for the help!

P.s. I tried the search but it wasn't that narrow,200+ results
frown.gif
so I thought I'd go straight to posting.

Re: Rails and Rings for Rem 700 5R 308

Badger makes great stuff,but others mount lower and that's tough to ignore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Badger. Done! </div></div>

THIS!!

The decision on whether to get a 20MOA canted base or a 0MOA is up to you, but you won't need 20MOA for 500yd shooting. If you plan to get out to 800 and further...think about moving to the 20MOA.

I looked into Badger and should have clarified. Is there an alternative to the costly Badger? If there simply isn't, then I will pony up the $$$ but I am willing to look at others. As for a SA rail, I think I am looking at a 20MOA. Now, which.

Give Glen Seekins a shout,opt 20MOA and rock on.

On a separate note, after looking at Seekins website. How are their detatchable mag systems? Have you used them? I have heard that H-S rattle and CDI are good. Any experience with the Seekins' system?

Edit: yes, I know that Badger's DM system is the sh!t...just looking at alternatives.

ALL of Glen's wares are topnotch and he's a pretty good sonofabitch to boot. He'll hook you up and take care of you.

I disfavor the M5 mag release and prefer Glen.

Awesome, thanks for the info...will definitely give'em a serious look. I like the push button release for the mags.

Yup badger short action base (20MOA) and rings, if those are out of your price range you can go with TPS base and rings. I have had good luck with them

I've TPS in steel and alloy.

Go Glen.

I have no experience with Glen Seekins, but snooping around the hide, I have seen nothing but good comments. I might have to give him a call also.

OilyOwl,,,,That is what I am here for, I am just a noob trying to learn all that I can. I don't have a ton of cash to waste so I am hoping to learn enough not to do so.

Good stuff sells itself and is a sound investment,both in initial satisfactions and in the long run.

Shit is just shit and is worth shit.

No brainer.