• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

“Stage Saver” or “The Extractor”???

jetjock07

Can I get a Mulligan
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2020
Trying to decide what to get for those cases jumping in front of bolt or ones getting stuck. Had 2 issues this past weekend that cost me points and would like to have a quick solution. Not sure if there is anything else offered other than these 2. I did see a guy have a small flat head screwdriver JB welded in a spent rifle case which seemed like a good idea. Let me know what’s what.

I have the Stage Saver, which has a wider opening than others but also seems expensive to replace the metal part. I rarely use it—probably only once, just as a backup. The tool kit should work the same.

Personally, I avoid using the small flathead during matches to prevent scratching my barrel since you are probably rushing to get it out. If you're looking for an affordable and replaceable option, I recommend using a plastic spurger tool. It works just as well and is much cheaper.

Or just any cell phone repair nylon spurger

I have a pry tool inside a 270 case held with hot glue. It looks to be the same base tool as the L3I tool above. The teeth on it bend very easily. I generally have good luck with my pocket knife. I have used the tool on a stage or two, but more often the tip of my pocket knife works great. It is a Boker automatic blade, and is super fast to deploy and close.

I have a couple of spudgers, and will give those a test tomorrow to see how they work. I am not super concerned about scratching the barrel at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: jetjock07
What type of rifle are you having issues with?
It would seem that correcting problem (s) or getting a dependable rifle would be the best choice.

I have the Stage Saver, which has a wider opening than others but also seems expensive to replace the metal part. I rarely use it—probably only once, just as a backup. The tool kit should work the same.

Personally, I avoid using the small flathead during matches to prevent scratching my barrel since you are probably rushing to get it out. If you're looking for an affordable and replaceable option, I recommend using a plastic spurger tool. It works just as well and is much cheaper.

Or just any cell phone repair nylon spurger
If you need more blades on your stage saver let me know. We sell the replacement blades cheaper than anywhere else. They are soft enough to not scratch the chamber so we figured it would be better to sell cheap extra blades instead of messing up someones custom barrel

What type of rifle are you having issues with?
It would seem that correcting problem (s) or getting a dependable rifle would be the best choice.
Rimx. Not really having issues. The two issues I had were my fault but I just wanted to find the best tool for the job if/when it happens again.

Reactions: RTH1800
I bought one from A&J just the tool not tin the shell. Bent the first time I used it. worthless for removing an unfired round in the chamber. Emailed them and told them the tool was to thin or needed to be heat treated.They said cost would be more[which I was fine with].They sent me another one which is 2x thicker have not needed it yet and hope I never do but I feel they did listen and hope it works.Stan

If you need more blades on your stage saver let me know. We sell the replacement blades cheaper than anywhere else. They are soft enough to not scratch the chamber so we figured it would be better to sell cheap extra blades instead of messing up someones custom barrel
Where are the replacement blades for sale at??