• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

“Texas Plinking” 1 MOA/1K Yard Challenge Videos

I want to sign up. I’m not far from him. Would like my 12 yo son to try as well with his Valkyrie but he needs a little more practice and long range dope. I’ve followed his YT since early in his channel.

Reactions: TicTacTex
Very cool where in Texas is he? Reminds me of the milk jug challenge.

The overwhelming theme with most of the shooters, learn to trust what you see. A very, very high percentage of the shots missed to the left.

Yes conditions change, but the guy with the 6CM dialed down after his cold bore and then literally peppered the same 8:00 spot over and over.

One minor correction would have resulted in a solid hit.

Very cool where in Texas is he? Reminds me of the milk jug challenge.
That milk jug challenge is so cool....smaller targets/distance adjusted are such a hoot. The 6br one is my fav of all their vids.

Backfire did something similar on his channel with hunting rifles. Bring your hunting rifle, shoot a 1 moa group at 100 yards and get $50. As of yet he hasn't paid out any money. Some of them were pretty bad lol.

I'll have to check out the plinkers channel. Looks interesting. I'm on the Texas gulf coast, I wonder how far he is from me. 🤔

Backfire did something similar on his channel with hunting rifles. Bring your hunting rifle, shoot a 1 moa group at 100 yards and get $50. As of yet he hasn't paid out any money. Some of them were pretty bad lol.

I'll have to check out the plinkers channel. Looks interesting. I'm on the Texas gulf coast, I wonder how far he is from me. 🤔
3-4 hours.

3-4 hours.
Yeah I watched the video posted above and he mentioned round rock. Not too bad a drive.

I've shot 1k fewer times than I can count on one hand. Did pretty good a few weeks ago with my black canyon customs barreled 700 in 300winmag. C zone sized target. Had my share of misses from bad wind calls (I'm terrible at wind calls) but I was able to see misses, make the correction and get a hit.

Position was lacking as well. Fortune cookie over a tailgate, seated in the truck bed with my range bag in my lap tucked under my left arm to fill the void.

Ammo was hand loaded 212 eldx around 2880 I think. I've got some N570 and 215 hybrids to work up next. I've had them over 2900 with accurate magpro but it was hot. I'm hoping the N570 will get me there without the pressure.

Pretty sure the land he shoots on is NW of Austin. I think he said Lometa, which is about 90 minutes from Austin.

I love how many gun owner stereotypes are reinforced in these videos.
You can pretty much tell from the interview at the start who will do well and who has no clue.

The Cheytac guy has been my favorite so far.

Reactions: Bender
I love how many gun owner stereotypes are reinforced in these videos.
You can pretty much tell from the interview at the start who will do well and who has no clue.

The Cheytac guy has been my favorite so far.
Homie spent some money didn't he? Two different flavors of ammo on a whim. Not exactly a recipe for success. Ole boy with the 338AI though, he did pretty good.

Guns, that I would expect that would have a hard time hitting that target showed. M200, MK12 and the AR10 needed sheer luck to hit that target.

Pretty sure the land he shoots on is NW of Austin. I think he said Lometa, which is about 90 minutes from Austin.
Holy Moly, Im going to be in San Saba this weekend.

It is south Texas and a bit north of Austin, if he is near Round Rock.

I have been watching these, too, And find it quite humbling. See people with custom hand built rigs and the wind makes them its bitch.

One of the recent winners did it well with an M1 Garand. Smack that ass!

Last edited:
It's very interesting. There have been some really good shooters that know their stuff. Really impressed with the female shooter's skills.

There have been a few times that I have tried to plead with the shooters to make a correction.

Reactions: Rookie
The long range I shoot on has 1moa targets out to 900... As well as massive targets for when you suck.

I can make hits on the 1moa gongs at 900 but I need a spotter to call them since I can't hear them and can only see them swing a little. If it's windy it's way hard as the wind shifts 3x as you go down range.

Reactions: Ronws
Yeah I watched the video posted above and he mentioned round rock. Not too bad a drive.

I've shot 1k fewer times than I can count on one hand. Did pretty good a few weeks ago with my black canyon customs barreled 700 in 300winmag. C zone sized target. Had my share of misses from bad wind calls (I'm terrible at wind calls) but I was able to see misses, make the correction and get a hit.

Position was lacking as well. Fortune cookie over a tailgate, seated in the truck bed with my range bag in my lap tucked under my left arm to fill the void.

Ammo was hand loaded 212 eldx around 2880 I think. I've got some N570 and 215 hybrids to work up next. I've had them over 2900 with accurate magpro but it was hot. I'm hoping the N570 will get me there without the pressure.
Did that N570 do what you needed it to do?

Did that N570 do what you needed it to do?
I'm still hitting pressure around the same velocity so I'm not sure the extra barrel wear from that powder is worth it over the magpro I'm currently using. It is temp stable though whereas the magpro is not.

I did have to back off 1gr with my 212eldx load i developed earlier in the year for the batch I loaded a couple weeks ago. This Texas heat amped it up a little. It was already on the edge. I should probably try and pick up some h1k or staballHD and give it a shot.

Reactions: 232593
Isn't the 1k yard x ring in F Class the same size? Those shooters do it on the first shot repeatedly. It doesn't seem that difficult.

The wind is the whole story out there. Any decent shooter and rifle can walk it in in 3 shots on a pipeline with trees at a 1000.

Hell, I’ve had the wind kick my ass at 500 before.

Reactions: Maggot and Jgunner
They get sighters and use fancy rests and bags while shooting specialized rifles. They aren’t doing it cold or with the same type of equipment
At the last class I went to we had an 10 year old and 15 yarer old girls with very modest equipment. Both made 1K easily. so did the 15 year old's hot mom.

I think it would be great for some Hiders to call Brandon and get on that contest. Go for it. Sounds easy enough, right?

Reactions: Maggot
At the last class I went to we had an 10 year old and 15 yarer old girls with very modest equipment. Both made 1K easily. so did the 15 year old's hot mom.
Of course they did. In these competitions a shooter gets as many shots as it takes to walk it in before shooting for score. In this 1moa challenge, they don’t.

"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Reactions: Maggot
Isn't the 1k yard x ring in F Class the same size? Those shooters do it on the first shot repeatedly. It doesn't seem that difficult.
X ring is 5 inches, 10 ring is 10 inches. I shoot F occasionally for a local team, as a ‘ring in’ shooter. Last time out my cold bore (fouled barrel) sighter shot @ 1000 was a ’pin’, or dead centre. You get two sighter shots, then 10 for score, but you can convert a sighter to score, but must keep shooting for score when a shot is converted, no more sighters. Sometimes it’s good to just ‘run the condition’, and rattle off all ten quickly if the wind is predictable.

Having giant wind flags everywhere down range, and a rifle/load that’s very familiar helps. Anyone who is an accomplished field shooter should try it for fun sometimes. Great for load confirmation. I shoot off an Atlas bipod and squeeze bag in open class. The guys who haven’t seen me shoot before, usually stop laughing at my equipment by the 3rd or 4th shot that appears on the electronic target screen….

Brandon, the guy who narrates the show, never hits it on the first shot either. You would think if you had your own 1k yard range first round hits would be easy. I think this is harder than it looks.

Brandon, the guy who narrates the show, never hits it on the first shot either. You would think if you had your own 1k yard range first round hits would be easy. I think this is harder than it looks.
No wind flags, plenty of mirage, and not using barn door targets. It’s a good real world comp. A few guys in Ep 7 made good wind corrections but were still high. Always good to know how far the berm is behind target, for elevation corrections. That 50 made me cringe a bit, not the recoil, but the construction. Hope better than a Serbu, good on the dude for for having a crack and getting a hit.

Watching this, everyone seems to have a POI well right of target. You'd thing that after 2 or 3 they'd catch that. Not much wind.

How do you reach that guy? I'll be in San Saba this week end and would be interested in investing some lead..

Reactions: XP1K