• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

🚨 James Webb Space Telescope launch LIVESTREAM. Launch set for 7:20AM Dec. 25, 2021

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • KOUROU, FRENCH GUIANA, DEC. 24, 2021

One small step for man, one great step in the search for habitable exoplanets, extraterrestrial life, and one step closer to Terra becoming an interstellar civilization... The most powerful space telescope produced so far, as a massive collaboration between NASA and the European Space Agency, would be set to launch at 7:20AM, Christmas morning 2021 aboard the Ariane-5 rocket from ESA's Guiana Space Center. The telescope would be picking up minute signatures in the infrared and microwave range, enabling astrobiologists to detect breathable atmospheres and organic compounds in exoplanets within a multi-parsec range.

LIVE FEED OF JAMES WEBB LAUNCH:

I’m going to be driving to my Mother in Law’s. I’ll be watching while I’m driving. 😄

Dayum dawg, no need for that. Just have a couple of buddies call you about 15 minutes into your visit with your MIL to tell you they got a sword-wielding zombie hog invasion on their farm and you are needed to go there with your rifle to help out with the hunt... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
    Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
    Dayum dawg, no need for that. Just have a couple of buddies call you about 15 minutes into your visit with your MIL to tell you they got a sword-wielding zombie hog invasion on their farm and you are needed to go there with your rifle to help out with the hunt... :ROFLMAO:

That sounds like WAY more fun than Christmas at my MIL’s. 😆

The launch I'm not too worried about. It's the whole 30 days of unfolding itself and all the systems coming online and working has me worried. It will be a major engineering triumph when they pull this off. Will be interesting of the JWST can find a true Earth 2.0.

Let's hope they got the lenses right on this one... because it's going to be way too far out in space to fit glasses like with Hubble!

Cheers,

Sirhr
    All the mirrors can be adjusted independently. It's going to take a better part of 6 months to get the alignment and testing done. They have learned from Hubbles mistakes.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Agreed....the trick will be getting this thing into its final config without it getting fubar'd.

Fingers crossed for full success. Once this machine becomes operational, what it will send back may change human history forever. I have heard some people say that the visible light sensors on the thing is sharp enough to be able to detect artificial lights on the night side of Earth-like exoplanets. That is some dope shit man...

It's not likely to spot night lights on an exo-planet, but it will be able to sample their atmospheres during transits. Its mid-IR sensor is also going to be able to pierce through gas and dust that shrouded things from Hubble for decades. But the big thing will be its ability to see much farther back in time than any optical telescope. It may not be able to see the light from the first stars (gargantuan stars unlike anything that came after them), but it will definitely see the first galaxies. Understanding how those early galaxies formed is a gateway to answers to many outstanding questions in Astrophysics and Cosmology.

But until we get first light, I'll be stressing over the 300+ single points of failure that need to successfully happen to get the telescope operational.

Edit: I think the proposed successor to JWST is the one that might have the optical range and resolution to be able to image lights on nearby exoplanets.

Last edited:
    The launch I'm not too worried about. It's the whole 30 days of unfolding itself and all the systems coming online and working has me worried. It will be a major engineering triumph when they pull this off. Will be interesting of the JWST can find a true Earth 2.0.
    I saw a video interviewing one of the chief designers of the system and she said it had been tested many times and had failsafe's built in. Bon voyage.

It's not likely to spot night lights on an exo-planet, but it will be able to sample their atmospheres during transits. Its mid-IR sensor is also going to be able to pierce through gas and dust that shrouded things from Hubble for decades. But the big thing will be its ability to see much farther back in time than any optical telescope. It may not be able to see the light from the first stars (gargantuan stars unlike anything that came after them), but it will definitely see the first galaxies. Understanding how those early galaxies formed is a gateway to answers to many outstanding questions in Astrophysics and Cosmology.

But until we get first light, I'll be stressing over the 300+ single points of failure that need to successfully happen to get the telescope operational.

Edit: I think the proposed successor to JWST is the one that might have the optical range and resolution to be able to image lights on nearby exoplanets.

Ive found it interesting to look at the scientific side and compare it to the biblical account.

-There was void and darkness.
    -Then movement.
    -Then a great light--Then in (an evolutionary order), everything else.

Whatever your take, there was some shit going down a long while back.

Genesis
    Chapter 1​

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
    3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
    4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
    5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
    6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
    7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
    8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
    9And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
    10And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
    11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
    12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    13And the evening and the morning were the third day.
    14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
    15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
    16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
    17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
    18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
    19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
    20And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
    21And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    22And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
    23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
    24And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
    25And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
    29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
    30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
    31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

32: And the lord spake, let the the space between objects be curved to form a mathematically consistent geodesic which informs all matter how to move through the space.
    33: So God decided to hide the answers deep down into the intestinal small realm, where the more one knows the position of a particle, being an excitation in a field, the less one can intrinsically know about the particle's momentum.

If Bible quotes were less vague and more scientifically informative, they'd actually be relevant.

32: And the lord spake, let the the space between objects be curved to form a mathematically consistent geodesic which informs all matter how to move through the space.
    33: So God decided to hide the answers deep down into the intestinal small realm, where the more one knows the position of a particle, being an excitation in a field, the less one can intrinsically know about the particle's momentum.

If Bible quotes were less vague and more scientifically informative, they'd actually be relevant.
    "Infinitesimal" small realm

R

I was just seeing some possible correlation between different ways of interpreting an event.

I find it best to keep an open mind.

Ive found it interesting to look at the scientific side and compare it to the biblical account.

-There was void and darkness.
    -Then movement.
    -Then a great light--Then in (an evolutionary order), everything else.

Whatever your take, there was some shit going down a long while back.

Genesis​

Chapter 1​

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
    3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
    4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
    5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
    6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.
    7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
    8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
    9And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
    10And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
    11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.
    12And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    13And the evening and the morning were the third day.
    14And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
    15And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.
    16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
    17And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,
    18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.
    19And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
    20And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.
    21And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    22And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
    23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.
    24And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
    25And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
    26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
    28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
    29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
    30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
    31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Want to track it ...

Reactions: rhsc
    Imagine taking a pic of the JWST from 300K miles away and seeing the first heat shield pallet being deployed.

FHsdqYFXEAAutdO

Just a PSA, there was a 1 hour special on the SCI channel about the building of the JWST late last week. Might have some replays if anyone is interested. Pretty interesting show that showed the complexity of the solar shield, etc.