• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

0.5 MOA guarantee…

I guess it would depend on their stipulations. Ammo is the big factor in rimfires. I’m betting if you sent to Lapua for lot testing or did it yourself you’d achieve that. But you would do the same with a Bergara/tikka or CZ if you spend the time and money testing ammo

Even a Vudoo won’t group every premium ammo inside 1/2 moa. Even the lot numbers between the same ammo makes a difference

I guess it would depend on their stipulations. Ammo is the big factor in rimfires. I’m betting if you sent to Lapua for lot testing or did it yourself you’d achieve that. But you would do the same with a Bergara/tikka or CZ if you spend the time and money testing ammo

Even a Vudoo won’t group every premium ammo inside 1/2 moa. Even the lot numbers between the same ammo makes a difference
My point exactly…

3 shot guarantee 0.5 moa at 50 yards...that's do-able. :unsure:
Doesn't say consecutive groups, just that the barrel is capable of a 3 shot 0.25" center to center group.
Even I can accomplish that with my factory barrel CZ 455 Varmint, using bulk Fed 36 grain CPHP.
Might have to spend a couple of hours to obtain that random act of accuracy, but it'll happen. :sneaky:

Doesn't say consecutive groups, just that the barrel is capable of a 3 shot 0.25" center to center group.
Even I can accomplish that with my factory barrel CZ 455 Varmint, using bulk Fed 36 grain CPHP.
Might have to spend a couple of hours to obtain that random act of accuracy, but it'll happen. :sneaky:
And you will consider it time well spent! As would the rest of us. It might be frustrating, but it will be fun.

I would buy gas station sushi from Hillary Clinton before buying a Fierce rifle. Sending rifles out with no rifling and being absolute fuckasses about the customer service after the fact. No way.

Y'er right Trung....except I'd probably be attempting it at 200 yards,
so I could post a single 3 shot group at 200 yards, then claim "all day long!" ;)
I always carry a coin in my pocket when I go to the range. When you take your pics you toss that bad boy over the flier next to the group

That little guy? don’t worry about that little guy

I am what I call a realist, lol. I don't see this ending in the companies favor. Buy based off selling point, .5 moa, buy 25 samples of ammo and none can do it.
Smacks of Coopers wallet groups that came with the rifle that no one knew were shot at 42 yards.

It's all about the ammo my Cz 457 MTR shoots .5 moa at 50 yards with RWS R100, R50 Lapua Long Range, Polar Biathlon and Midas+.

• .50 MOA accuracy guarantee | 3-shot @ 50 YDS with:
  • 1706284093931.png
NOW you have my attention!

I am what I call a realist, lol. I don't see this ending in the companies favor. Buy based off selling point, .5 moa, buy 25 samples of ammo and none can do it.
Smacks of Coopers wallet groups that came with the rifle that no one knew were shot at 42 yards.
My Cooper didn't come with a test target, bought it used. I have a picture of a test target from another Cooper Jackson Squirrel that I was thinking about buying, target looks great...but doesn't say what distance it was shot at. Doing it at 42 yards is shady as fuck.

My Cooper didn't come with a test target, bought it used. I have a picture of a test target from another Cooper Jackson Squirrel that I was thinking about buying, target looks great...but doesn't say what distance it was shot at. Doing it at 42 yards is shady as fuck.
Lol, I was referring to their CF rifles.

The absolute worst accuracy rimfire barrel I’ve ever had the chance to shoot was big name carbon barrel.

I had a Cooper Model 54 in .308. I purchased it new and it had the Cooper test target (3 rounds in about a 1/4” CTC). I was shocked to see the bedding was just a pad under the front of the action and behind the recoil lug. I inquired about this with Cooper and was told their stock inlet was so precise it didn’t need any more than that. My rifle shot decent, definitely MOA out to 300 yards (as far as I shot it) & 3/4 MOAish at 100 but nothing like the test target would suggest. I absolutely loved the rifle, it had beautiful wood, a smooth action, and a good trigger. I would probably still own it even with its mediocre accuracy if they didn’t send that damn 47 yard indoor test target with it (I confirmed that it was 47 yards shot indoors by calling Cooper in Montana) that pissed me off. Hell it would not bother me nearly as much if they labeled the target with the distance it was shot at. So I traded it for a Savage 10 FP McMillan that shot way better than that Cooper. This was in 2003- 2004 or so…

I had a Cooper Model 54 in .308. I purchased it new and it had the Cooper test target (3 rounds in about a 1/4” CTC). I was shocked to see the bedding was just a pad under the front of the action and behind the recoil lug. I inquired about this with Cooper and was told their stock inlet was so precise it didn’t need any more than that. My rifle shot decent, definitely MOA out to 300 yards (as far as I shot it) & 3/4 MOAish at 100 but nothing like the test target would suggest. I absolutely loved the rifle, it had beautiful wood, a smooth action, and a good trigger. I would probably still own it even with its mediocre accuracy if they didn’t send that damn 47 yard indoor test target with it (I confirmed that it was 47 yards shot indoors by calling Cooper in Montana) that pissed me off. Hell it would not bother me nearly as much if they labeled the target with the distance it was shot at. So I traded it for a Savage 10 FP McMillan that shot way better than that Cooper. This was in 2003- 2004 or so…
I used to look at the coopers in a scheels near me back in 2005 maybe. Always thought the test targets sure were impressive. They were beautiful guns. Expensive for me at the time. This explains why every one had a 1/4” 3 shot target with it. Always thought it was 100 yards

You should have asked for full load data, I did, I was surprised the bullet even came out of the barrel. Zeroed at 10 yards, 5" of drop at 42 yards, lol
I had a Pheonix, 6.5-284, it took me 3 mos, leaving work early most days to test, but I got mine shooting fantastic. I don't recall recommending cooper to anyone.
Sidebar over, hehe

I just saw these rifles yesterday for the first time at Cabelas. They have a chassis model for $3300.

Pretty proud of them for a new, unestablished brand.

Coopers, especially since Dan left, I don’t have any info or opinion. On the old Coopers, if I were in the market I’d jump in with confidence as (at least in rimfire) they lived up to their accuracy reputation. I don’t put ANY value on test targets or accuracy guarantees, as rimfire has taught me it’s just as much in the ammo as it is the gun and shooter.

Coopers, especially since Dan left, I don’t have any info or opinion. On the old Coopers, if I were in the market I’d jump in with confidence as (at least in rimfire) they lived up to their accuracy reputation. I don’t put ANY value on test targets or accuracy guarantees, as rimfire has taught me it’s just as much in the ammo as it is the gun and shooter.
This is true, the older Cooper 22lr rifles were excellent shooters. I had a shooting buddy who ordered one that was a fantastically accurate rifle. That said the action was apparently polished too much on top before the finish was applied so there was an issue with mounting a scope and having it centered up. They replaced the whole rifle and the replacement was just as accurate.

Reactions: obx22
This is true, the older Cooper 22lr rifles were excellent shooters. I had a shooting buddy who ordered one that was a fantastically accurate rifle. That said the action was apparently polished too much on top before the finish was applied so there was an issue with mounting a scope and having it centered up. They replaced the whole rifle and the replacement was just as accurate.
Had a similar experience with a Kimber 82 SA, you couldn’t zero the scope it was so misaligned.
I’ve actually owned at least 3 and while I won’t say I’ll never own another, I prefer the Coopers.

Kinda why I made the thread.
Saddest thing is similar experiences with other companies I read about. It’s like the golden age of rimfire, with oodles of product lines and manufacturers, but no one is learning that forums, bulletin boards, social media and word of mouth will kill a product line and company profits incredibly fast if their services are not up to par.

Reactions: Milo 2.5
but no one is learning that forums, bulletin boards, social media and word of mouth will kill a product line and company profits incredibly fast if their services are not up to par.
On the other side of that coin are buyers who refuse to let crap products die. Conjecture rules, in firearms, ammo, etc...
More rifles shoot tight with SV than all other ammos combined.
My 95 F250 with a 460 got 22mpg hwy, 15 city.

Reactions: obx22