• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 0 or 20 moa base for PMII?

Lupercal

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2020
Just bought a S&B PMII 5-20x50 DT ultra short and I am now looking at the spuhr SP-4036 my question is should I go with the 20 moa version instead? It will be mounted on a 22 inch 6.5 creedmoor using factory loads, shooting distances 100-600 yards at ranges and for hunting. If I go with the 0 moa base will the scope have enough adjustment to get out to 1000 which I may shoot on occasion or should I just go with the 20?

The guidance I have gotten from Geissele is for 600 yds, 0 cant and farther than 600 yds, The 20moa cant they offer.

Read section 4.2 in the general PMII manual.

Just use the 20MOA mount, nothing really gained with going 0moa, while 20moa gives you a larger usable range.

Screenshot_20200409-131702.png

Most scopes have enough elevation to get a 6.5 creed out to 1000 yards. It seems you dont have the mount already so it makes sense to just buy the 20 moa and be done with it. If you had the 0moa version already I would have said to roll with that.

S&B would have you use greater than 20 MOA.

I shoot .308 with 20 mil Spuhr and have plenty of E.

Don't use a 0 MOA with a PMII,

You want at least 20MOA and in some cases, you can go as high as 40MOA for maximum elevation.

The actual sweet spot for a PMII is right around 33MOA, but we used to 30MOA all the time, however with faster calibers, 20MOA Is fine.

Reactions: Zorrosdens