• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

0 or 20 MOA mount for LPVO>

D1gger

GDI
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 12, 2017
    Staunton, VA
    Finally getting around to buying a decent LPVO for my DMR class rifle. Primary use is for team matches, where one team member must have a 556 carbine, with a LPVO. So far, my max distance required in a match has been within 600 yards. During practice, I'll stretch it out to 1000. So far, I've been borrowing a scope/mount set up, it was a Gen 3 Razor, with a Vortex mount, but I'm not sure what the MOA was on that mount.
    On my other rifles, I like to have a 20 MOA base, but for some reason, on this rifle, I feel that might not be the way to go. I usually run a 200 yd zero on this set up, as this lines up my mil hash marks better when I have to do hold overs. I feel like I should take the 20 MOA to give myself more elevation within the scope, but I'm second guessing myself on this one-thoughts?

For both eyes open at 1x I prefer 0 MOA. Minox for example advises against canted mounts in their ZP8 manual for best 1x viewing.

Reactions: D1gger
    Well, the scope has a total of 29 mil of elevation, 1000 yds, which admittedly is a stretch, calls for 13.7 mil of elevation. So if zero is dead center of the range, then no. But it’s right on the edge

I just run 0MOA mounts for them, always have. The newer LPVO's with the nice tree/dot style reticles you don't even need to dial for DMR applications. Zero it and hold everything.

Reactions: D1gger
    I shoot to 1K with my "DMR", using a 1-8X LPVO in a 0° cant mount, dial 10 mils and hold the rest of the elevation. It's purely a fun challenge.

You will be fine out to 600 with a 0° cant mount.

Reactions: simonp and D1gger
    I just run 0MOA mounts for them, always have. The newer LPVO's with the nice tree/dot style reticles you don't even need to dial for DMR applications. Zero it and hold everything.
    Especially with a Gen 3 Razor 1-10. I never take off the turret caps (other than to zero). Just holdover for everything.