• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up 03/13/2017 Lewistown PA

tennturk

Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
SNJ
On Monday March 13th a couple of us are headed to the 1000y range at Mifflin County Sportsmens Club in Lewiston, PA. You have to be a member, but it's only $80 for the year and you just mail away for it (no orientation). We're bringing some barricades and steel to practice some positional shooting at distance. It would be cool to have some other people show up to hang out and get some practice in. It's nice to learn new ways to skin the cat and to put your hands on some different gear. As of now there will be an AIAT with multiple barrels, short action Mausingfield, long action Defiance 338LM, some Vortex HD Gen2s, AKs and some other junk.
Stag556

Last edited:
Reactions: ballison
It's staring to look like we have a decent group showing up with some awesome gear and maybe even an AX50. Pics from our last outing:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com\/20170227\/9413f78599d0426d046875e79dfca99d.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com\/20170227\/3dddc40dfcd230b7f598a2ebe75cbea1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
742badab2add8b9b7f1e55d0722c655c.jpg

b0e6b53e797f127cfea1ffe9d81288a4.jpg

I'll add to that! The more the merrier!

Reactions: tennturk
[video=youtube_share;tCmnSt-Yi6E]https://youtu.be/tCmnSt-Yi6E[/video]

Very gracious of you guys to open the invitation. I for one will consider it. I'm sure I'm not in the same league but it would be a great learning op for me. I'm an hour and a half away which isn't bad for a day at the range. My own range is only 35 mins. away but only goes 300yds. I have to go to my buddy's farm, which is also 1.5 hours away, just to shoot to 500. Makes sense to travel the same distance and be able to stretch things out.

It was a fun day. We'll post up again when we go. Unfortunately a bunch of people say they are coming then either don't show or back out.

Membership is reasonable enough. I'm gonna check out their website. Thanks

I am a member there and am also about 62 miles away. So, let me know when folks want to get together. I have lots of gear and plenty of steel. I am also a member of Shippensburg and they have club steel at 200, 300, 400, and 500 meters, as well as 800 yards. Am also a member of New Holland.

I am a member there and am also about 62 miles away. So, let me know when folks want to get together. I have lots of gear and plenty of steel. I am also a member of Shippensburg and they have club steel at 200, 300, 400, and 500 meters, as well as 800 yards. Am also a member of New Holland.

Nice. We'll try to set something up again in the future.

I gave up trying to get into New Holland. That's why I'm interested in MCSC. I'll gladly make the drive to learn how to do this stuff. Planning to join this month. Guess I should start looking at steel.

Definitely a great range to shoot long range. I've been shooting their for three years and it is well worth the membership cost. I just wanted to add that when I renewed last year, I was required to have an NRA membership. Went on the website and don't read anything it this year, but thought I would mention in case it is still required. Good luck and good shooting.

So it sounds / looks like you need your own steel to set up?

So it sounds / looks like you need your own steel to set up?

There's some random steel that's out there, but I wouldn't rely on it. A 24" gong lives at the 1000y line permanently and some swingers are scattered around. A lot of it is pretty beat up. You're not allowed to shoot rocks now too, so I'd definitely bring some stuff.

Question: Under the "Gun Range Rules/Shooting Times" it doesn't show any Sunday hours but there is a NOTE on the "Facilities" page that indicates the range is open after 1:00. Can anyone clarify?

Question: Under the "Gun Range Rules/Shooting Times" it doesn't show any Sunday hours but there is a NOTE on the "Facilities" page that indicates the range is open after 1:00. Can anyone clarify?

The range sits directly behind a Church... you pretty much drive through their parking lot to get to the range lol... there's no shooting on Sunday before 1:00pm. After 1:00pm you're good to go until sun down.

The range sits directly behind a Church... you pretty much drive through their parking lot to get to the range lol... there's no shooting on Sunday before 1:00pm. After 1:00pm you're good to go until sun down.

Jesus needs his quiet time ✝️

If it means he'll help me with my shooting I'm good with that. Thanks for clearing things up.

Just saw this post and I'm sorry I missed it. None of my friends shoot long range so I'm up for meeting up with some folks. If anyone wants to head out there next week, I'm in.

Moving to Mechanicsburg in a couple weeks. Was a member of Mifflin for a few years before I moved to SC from PA a year ago and shot a couple of the BHTC matches there. I'll be joining again, for sure. HAve a new GAP10 in 260 to break in and a 300wm at RWS that will need some exercise.

Remember to leave your low-slung sports cars behind. Last I remember, that dirt/gravel road was well rutted, and you need a 4WD to go set targets well up the ridge.

Remember to leave your low-slung sports cars behind. Last I remember, that dirt/gravel road was well rutted, and you need a 4WD to go set targets well up the ridge.

Yeah, it is. Definitely wouldn't take anything up there other than a decent sized truck.

So, the wife and I made the trip up two weeks go. From our home in Lancaster it took 1.5 hours which was less than we originally thought. Got there early and ran into Jessie and Abe who are actually officers of the club. Great guys by the way. They talked me through the range rules and procedures. I was surprised to see that the longer distance targets are actually at a good uphill angle. Can't really see this from the above photos. There is some steel scattered through out the whole range but its all pretty beat up. We took up a can of bright orange paint to freshen up our steel so we used it on a few of the existing plates as well. We took up two 8 X 8 inch plates and hung them at 400 and 500 yards. As soon as my wife made the first hit at 400 with her 223 I knew she was hooked. I was told that the range usually gets crowded on Sundays but while we were there there there were only 8 shooters and two of them were at the "shorter distance" pavilion. We'll be going up again soon so if anyone wants to hook up drop me a line and maybe we can work something out.

Two hours from my next home in Winchester VA, yup my next favorite range.

It's staring to look like we have a decent group showing up with some awesome gear and maybe even an AX50. Pics from our last outing:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com\/20170227\/9413f78599d0426d046875e79dfca99d.jpg"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com\/20170227\/3dddc40dfcd230b7f598a2ebe75cbea1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

What time you leaving ?