• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

03A3 Sights

Sharpsman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2010
Rayville, La.
The 03A3 has a sliding rear aperture sight within what is called the 'yoke' and the TM advises that when the scribe mark (at right side) on the rear aperture is AT THE BOTTOM line below the numbers listed on the right side that this is the range. The TM also advises that this may or may not be the correct setting or zero for the rifle as per the range mark indicated! For those of you that shoot the aperture sight how close have you found these range marks to be close to the zero needed for the ranges indicated? Mine have been close but not exact until I worked down the 'A' front blade to help match the ranges indicated! I also found out that the sliding aperture was moving downward during recoil and the aperture screw was fully tight. I solved this problem by using a tool to slightly tamp down the indentured groove that is over on the left hand side of the sight ramp to increase resistance.

Your feedback would be obliged!

I had to take about .100 off the blade of my front sight to get it to shoot at 200 meters with the rear sight set at 250 meters . My rear sight also moved during recoil .I took the tiny screw out and bent the spring slightly to tighten it up and that cured it .You can buy the spring and the tiny screws from most suppliers of Springfield parts . Arnie