• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

03A3 Stripper Clips?

AvsFan

Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
Colorado
Gent's,

I inherited my Grandfather's 03A3 when he passed away several years ago. I've taken it out to the range several times and I love it! However, my questions is - where can I find some stripper clips for it? I would like to purchase at least a dozen...I don't mind loading round by round, but, I would like to have 5 at the ready and just press those bad boys in, cycle the bolt, aim & fire!

Thanks in advance!

AvsFan:cool:

Amazon has them

Amazon.com : Mauser Stripper Clips 40CT 6.5x55mm 38, 94, 96 & 30-06, 1903, 1917 : Gun Ammunition And Magazine Pouches : Sports & Outdoors

The clips for the mauer, 6.5 sweed, etc will also fit.

Goolge/Bing search engines have several listing.

Personally I like the stainless one clips I got from Creedmor Sports, a bit more expensive but a heck of a lot better.

Stainless Steel Stripper Clips - Accessories - Match Rifle - Parts & Accessories | Creedmoor Sports

Kraig,

Awesome, thanks for the links...unfortunately, Creedmoor Sports is out of stock. However, I didn't know the Mauser stripper clips would work. Therefore, I'll pick some up at the next gunshow. There's a vendor who's always selling German Mausers & accessories - I'm sure he'll have some.

Cheers,

AvsFan:D

Sarco or Samco had the stainless steel stripper clips. I think they are swede manufactured. The initial price is cheap IIRC but they smoke you on the delivery. Anyway I got a mil packaged box of 40 for some amount around $20. Its pretty much a lifetime plus supply.

If you look to buy the GI ones you will find they become worthless once the little brass tits that hold the cartridges break off. The Sweded design uses a leaf spring that pushes the case head against the stripper lips so they will last forever. They feed great in my 1903.

I got my stainless stripper clips from Champions Shooters Supply (not Champions Choice) 2 per package, and they are sweet. The address stamped on the package is 1617 W. Garfield Street, Davenport Iowa. I suggest you call them Phone:800-821-4867 (GUNS)

For a lot of fun shoot your '03A3 at one of the CMP Springfield events, the rapid fire stage is really cool and your will need to really use your stripper clips. Fired standing to prone in 70 seconds, fire 5 rounds load the next 5 and keep going.

Here is Julia Watson firing my rifle in the Springfield Match at Camp Perry, Ohio. MSgt Julia Watson firing the Springfield 1903 Match, Camp Perry, Ohio, August 2011. - YouTube