• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.058 MOA at 100 All Day Long…..

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
Hows this for CRAZY precision!

Reactions: DIBBS
Damn nice shooting for an air rifle!

But let’s be fair. Your flirting with high end .22 comp guns when you’re at that level. So accuracy should show for the efforts put in

Damn nice shooting for an air rifle!

But let’s be fair. Your flirting with high end .22 comp guns when you’re at that level. So accuracy should show for the efforts put in

True.

Ain't your granpa's BB gun, is it?!

Like I mentioned in the thread - it puts em in the 10 ring at 50Y with little effort.

Keep in mind that with quality air rifles the propellent can be very precisely controlled. Compared to even the best premium match rimfire ammo the potential for accuracy is much better!

Yep that's true.

I know Mike personally so I've seen little advancements happen here and there as time has gone by.

This scenario is one of those rare things in life that is birthed through huge amounts of, money, grit, determination, and also plenty of trial and error experimentation.
Most everything he's learned about building airguns is self taught.
Always looking for improvement in every way possible.
I kid him and call him a Bulldog! He don't let go.

Mike makes most of the parts for his Thomas airguns in his garage with his cnc machinery. Also does his own anodizing.
If things go well he builds a gun a week then tunes them as good as can be.
One time he literally rejected an entire shipment of pellet barrels because these didn't meet his specs or standards which set him back for months. That takes balls because it meant lost, time, income, and the heat from pissed off customers.
He's learned which barrels work best and knows exactly how to prep them.
He shoots hundreds of thousands of pellets and slugs a year while tuning, experimenting with projectiles, and also in practice which is mostly done on his property. This alone is a Wow thing. Can you imagine doing that?! I can't and I love shooting.

Nothing is perfect but it's about as perfect a storm of - personality traits, skill, equipment, etc, to bring this feat to fruition.

All combined this makes a national airgun BR champion too.

On top of that he's a good guy and has integrity.

Reactions: Supremaratio
Yep that's true.

I know Mike personally so I've seen little advancements happen here and there as time has gone by.

This scenario is one of those rare things in life that is birthed through huge amounts of, money, grit, determination, and also plenty of trial and error experimentation.
Most everything he's learned about building airguns is self taught.
Always looking for improvement in every way possible.
I kid him and call him a Bulldog! He don't let go.

Mike makes most of the parts for his Thomas airguns in his garage with his cnc machinery. Also does his own anodizing.
If things go well he builds a gun a week then tunes them as good as can be.
One time he literally rejected an entire shipment of pellet barrels because these didn't meet his specs or standards which set him back for months. That takes balls because it meant lost, time, income, and the heat from pissed off customers.
He's learned which barrels work best and knows exactly how to prep them.
He shoots hundreds of thousands of pellets and slugs a year while tuning, experimenting with projectiles, and also in practice which is mostly done on his property. This alone is a Wow thing. Can you imagine doing that?! I can't and I love shooting.

Nothing is perfect but it's about as perfect a storm of - personality traits, skill, equipment, etc, to bring this feat to fruition.

All combined this makes a national airgun BR champion too.

On top of that he's a good guy and has integrity.
Does he have a website?
Thanks Jack

just need to hunt you a bear at the age of 3 , and you can sing the Davey Crockett song when ever you shoot wearing your coon skin cap ...

.058" all day long is 'fantasy land' and that was exactly his point. But what he has accomplished "so far" with pcp air rifles is reality.

He's not a BS'er if that's what you were getting at?!

Reactions: r3plicator
Hows this for CRAZY precision!

Interesting read and great accuracy.
I have been into PCP airgunning for a while now. Started with an FX Crown and now have an M3.

Really wondering why he used 4 shot groups? Which makes it difficult to properly compare to .22 and other platforms.

A lot of this stuff is over my head but in this link the author points out why he used 4 shot groups.
http://www.the-long-family.com/group_size_analysis.htm

But I feel it should be mentioned that Mike N recently broke the record against 22rf at this venue and on this type of BR card.