• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

0moa or 20 moa scope mount?

Patriotparty

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2021
Ohio
Scope mount Midwest industriesI have an 18 5.56 ar ill shoot imi 77gr. Ibought a primary arms 2.5x10 scope it’s BDC. I have a scope mount with 0moa. Will that work out to 600 or do I need a 20 moa mount? Thanks

What scope? But for most yes 0 will be fine to 1k

What scope? But for most yes 0 will be fine to 1k
Primary arms glx 2.5x10 . Guns purpose is to shoot accurately with bdc out to 600. I am not very knowledgeable on scopes as in ohio you never really have a far distance to shoot. I hope it’s adequate. Gun will be suppressed. My first suppressor to. I’m hoping to get advice and read so I don’t make any silly mistakes. I appreciate your help thanks

Primary arms glx 2.5x10 . Guns purpose is to shoot accurately with bdc out to 600. I am not very knowledgeable on scopes as in ohio you never really have a far distance to shoot. I hope it’s adequate. Gun will be suppressed. My first suppressor to. I’m hoping to get advice and read so I don’t make any silly mistakes. I appreciate your help thanks

Just looked up the specs looks like your scope has 125 moa interval travel so you could do a 0 or 20moa and be fine. 125/2=62.5-20moa=42.5moa-15moa or so for a 100 yard zero=27.5 moa left of unused down travel means you should have 125-27.5=97 moa roughly of available up travel which is plenty for most calibers to go away past 1000 yards

Reactions: MarshallDodge
Just looked up the specs looks like your scope has 125 moa interval travel so you could do a 0 or 20moa and be fine. 125/2=62.5-20moa=42.5moa-15moa or so for a 100 yard zero=27.5 moa left of unused down travel means you should have 125-27.5=97 moa roughly of available up travel which is plenty for most calibers to go away past 1000 yards
I can’t tell you how happy I am with your reply. I really appreciate your help looking into this. Thank you

Reactions: Huskydriver
Not sure what part of OH you are in but there are a couple really awesome places to shoot long distance that I know of there. Have you done a quick interwebs search to see if you are close to any of them?

Not sure what part of OH you are in but there are a couple really awesome places to shoot long distance that I know of there. Have you done a quick interwebs search to see if you are close to any of them?
I did a while back I’m a long way from them. I happen to be lucky enough to know 2 farmers. 1 has a flat area to about 650 yards the other is up on a hill looking down I’d estimate it at 800-900 yards.