• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing +1,000,000 to Shawn @ S&J Gun Refinishing

dlxcupid

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2010
Commie-fornia
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this post but I'd like to commend Shawn @ S&J Gun Refinishing for my recent gun purchase experience with him. Here's my story:

About a month ago I was browsing through the For Sale forum on here and saw a HK USP 9mm that Shawn had listed for sale. We emailed each other back and forth and had negotiated a price and conditions to settle on. Here is what was posted:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...864#Post2325864

It looks like a clean gun and I had decided to get it. 2 days later, this is what I got:

2011-01-31185521.jpg

2011-01-31185538.jpg

2011-01-31185400.jpg

2011-01-31185443.jpg

To me, looks nothing like the picture he posted right? The slide had tons of holster wear, frame was beat up, checkering on the back was dinged up, basically it looked like shit. I was definitely disappointed at first but I know that Shawn had pretty good feedback on here so I contacted him again (without trying to be too hostile I hope Shawn?)

He had offered to refinish the slide for free but as you all can see, the frame needed more work than the slide did. After days of back and forth PMs we finally settled on what needed to be done. He refinished the whole gun & installed brand new Trijicon night sights(orange/green) that I had provided. This is what I got back within a week:

IMG_0585-1.jpg

IMG_0587-1.jpg

IMG_0586-1.jpg

Per our PMs, Cerakote FDE frame and Cerakote graphite black slide release and hammer(only if I took the controls apart which I did).

I think it looks fucking amazing! These pics don't do this gun any justice, it looks way better in person. I could've got bent over and been told " you bought it, it's yours, I got my money ", but I didn't. I'm not going to disclose what deal was worked between us but let's just say he made me an offer nobody would refuse. Again, I would like to thank Shawn for his top notch service. So if you guys need some refinish work done, get a hold of Shawn @ S&J Gun Refinishing. If you're buying something from the guy, he has my vote and is GTG.

Re: +1,000,000 to Shawn @ S&J Gun Refinishing

Looking back I think I messed up my pictures. I posted pictures of the 40 cal HK in the 9MM HK posting. Sorry for the mix up and I am glad your happy..
Thanks,
Shawn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S&J Refinishing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking back I think I messed up my pictures. I posted pictures of the 40 cal HK in the 9MM HK posting. Sorry for the mix up and I am glad your happy..
Thanks,
Shawn</div></div>

I'm glad to see this post because looking at the pictures I was thinking there was no way this was the same gun.

I would like to say to Shawn that that was a "class act" way of doing business. I'm glad that all is happy and I will look to S&J Refinishing for my future coating needs. Tommy

Nice to see you go above and beyond to fix an honest mistake.

The finish looks great.