• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 1,000 to spend, need an MOA/MOA scope.

breitling

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2013
Ohio
I have a vortex Viper PST FFP 6-24x50 that I paid 850.00 for.

I am looking to try something new in that similar zoom/objective neighborhood (at least 20x, and 50mm)

Is there anything that is MOA/MOA and better than the VIPER PST FFP for a few bucks more?

I guess my max would be about 1200.00.

ALSO, I am willing to buy used!

It's going on a 762 AR variant (HK Mr762).

THANKS!

PS - have searched and found that the Bushnell G2DMR looks great... But, I prefer MOA/MOA.

Just missed out on a couple NF's in the classifieds. I was in the same predicament and I was able to find a Nightforce on armslist and damn I'm glad I did.

Next step up would be something like the Bushnell DMR or ERS depending on your specs, but you would have to sacrifice the MOA/MOA. Not sure if you could find one within that budget, but really that's the next step up from my experience. After that you won't see much of an improvement until you get into the realm of the Razor HD, etc.

Last edited:
Sightron makes MOA/MOA. Way better glass than the PST. Lifetime warranty and a custom shop I hear. Give them a look.

Bushy ERS or HDMR, how about the SS HD, in that same realm. Used NF NXS as noted above. Gen1 Razor may not be to that range yet, but it will not take too long as the new Steiners and Razors etc… get rolling

You're limited if you need to stay FFP and MOA/MOA. Vortex PST/used Razor and Sightron are the two in that category. If you go SFP that opens up a lot of NF offerings for a few dollars more, especially off of demo lists like what Euro has to offer or the new SHV line of 5-20x56 with the MOAR reticle.

Liberty for Sightron 6-24x50 FFP/MOA: Sightron Riflescopes, SIII Tactical Riflescopes
SportOptics for NF SHV: Nightforce SHV Hunting Scopes - Nightforce Optics
EuroOptics NF Demo: Nightforce NXS Riflescopes on sale - Discounted Prices

Of course, call them to order...