• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 1:12 twist RimX barrel with Padom chamber issues

Adam B

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 7, 2005
    grand rapids, michigan
    www.adamboynton.com
    AD5D9260-40BC-4396-9AF8-6623BD23EA9D.jpeg
    79005786-0E00-47E9-B05A-D12AE0819957.jpeg

5FFB6C80-773A-4B22-9EE0-EC4F5757971B.jpeg

After an absolute rediculious wait (I was told 6-8 weeks max and it ended up being 17) I final got my 1:12 RimX barrel. I chose the Padom chamber because I have 4 others barreled chambered with this reamer by Keystone and all are hammers.

I wanted to try the 1:12 twist because I have heard it really makes a difference beyond 200 yards. I shoot Center-X and have 20k on hand and have no intention of switching.

As see in the pics, it groups like absolute shit. All of the targets were at 50 yards for a very secure rest. I tried with and without a suppressor and it made no difference. I also noticed that it was shaving a ton of lead from the bullets as seen I the action pic.

I contacted the smith, (mind you that I am already pissed about the delivery delay) asked them for a refund and of course they told me to pound sand (way to stand behind your work) so I am probably going to ship the barrel to Keystone for a rechambering.

Anyone have any suggestions as to why this would shoot so bad and shave lead?

Attachments

• 2F4EA09A-5A3A-4A8D-88FF-82223C5213EF.jpeg
      2F4EA09A-5A3A-4A8D-88FF-82223C5213EF.jpeg
      502 KB · Views: 208
    Yeah that’s worse than my buddy factory T1X with CCI SV.

For my RimX, I went with Primal Rights 1.5deg chamber. Very very happy with the accuracy.

Reactions: Criver600
    At this point I’d out the smith so other don’t run into the same issue. And probably not what you want to hear but have you tried a tuner if all else fails? If John can’t fix it I’d hate to see a new barrel wasted you know.
    As for the shavings that’s really weird, no chance of a burr or something in there?

Tuner or not- the lead shaving is a awful. It looks like my gsg16 after a 1000 rounds of crappy bulk 22lr

At this point I’d out the smith so other don’t run into the same issue. And probably not what you want to hear but have you tried a tuner if all else fails? If John can’t fix it I’d hate to see a new barrel wasted you know.
    As for the shavings that’s really weird, no chance of a burr or something in there?
    Zoom in on the one photo. It's PVA.

I shot 100 rounds yesterday and the 3 targets I posted were the best groups by far. The lead shavings created a feed ramp due to the buildup, which is just crazy. I put my keystone barrel back on today and it is one hole at 50, as it should be.

Reactions: st1650
    [edited] not relevant to the issue at hand

Last edited:
    Reactions: plinkin
    Anyone have any suggestions as to why this would shoot so bad and shave lead?
    I can't say that I have had the same experience my particular M24 12 twist PVA shoots well with several lots of Center-X and even better tuned. I have a friends here on the hide that can attest to it and another who bought one in the same batch I got mine and he's happy of how well it shoots. As for your shaving, I would check magazine ride height. I set the notch on mine as high as it will go to touch the bottom of the action and lock in the magazine catch then I drop it 0.010 of an inch. I take note of the gap measurements as I have 2 RimXs in 2 different chassis systems and only 4 mags, but depending on which gun I shoot will adjust a 3rd mag (from the other gun) to take with me.

Reactions: Hardpan
    I can't say that I have had the same experience my particular M24 12 twist PVA shoots well with several lots of Center-X and even better tuned. I have a friends here on the hide that can attest to it and another who bought one in the same batch I got mine and he's happy of how well it shoots. As for your shaving, I would check magazine ride height. I set the notch on mine as high as it will go to touch the bottom of the action and lock in the magazine catch then I drop it 0.010 of an inch. I take note of the gap measurements as I have 2 RimXs in 2 different chassis systems and only 4 mags, but depending on which gun I shoot will adjust a 3rd mag (from the other gun) to take with me.
    I have to forcibly seat the mag to get it in. There is no play or wobble with the mag.

I would try cleaning the chamber then shoot some groups at 50yards but load the rounds directly into
    the chamber not through the magazine so the bullets to not get shaved.

If it still shoots bad then you know its the barrel.

I would try cleaning the chamber then shoot some groups at 50yards but load the rounds directly into
    the chamber not through the magazine so the bullets to not get shaved.

If it still shoots bad then you know its the barrel.
    You can't load rounds directly in a RimX. That's why mag ride height is important as well as ensuring the extractor plate cutout isn't compromised.

Reactions: littlepod
    I have the same barrel and I can’t say that I’m overly impressed. It shoots center-x worse than some bulk ammo I tried. I’m not going to bother calling them as each time I contacted them i was told something different that turned out not to be true.

I have to forcibly seat the mag to get it in. There is no play or wobble with the mag.
    First thing I’d try is to slide them under the extractor by hand, skipping the mag, and see if you can get some that haven’t had a buzz cut to shoot acceptably.

That said with respect to the refusing to try something else… try a different lot or a different bullet. In my Annie or win52 centerx shoots like shit just like yours and eley rules the roost. In both martinis the eley shoots like crap and the centerx is the go to. It’s not strange for rimfire especially to like something and not another.

First thing I’d try is to slide them under the extractor by hand, skipping the mag, and see if you can get some that haven’t had a buzz cut to shoot acceptably.

That said with respect to the refusing to try something else… try a different lot or a different bullet. In my Annie or win52 centerx shoots like shit just like yours and eley rules the roost. In both martinis the eley shoots like crap and the centerx is the go to. It’s not strange for rimfire especially to like something and not another.
    This reamer shoots Center-X like a laser in the 4 other guns I have, all RimX. I have too much Center-X to mess around with another brand. I have tried 5 lots of Center-X since I have loose ammo left from other lots and they all shoot about the same, which is like shit.

Are they the same blanks?

Last week I went and tested a few different brands in a gen 1.2 vudoo I just started messing with. Center x groups were all 1” while SK rifle match was consistently .5”

Is it a possibility that this barrel just doesn’t like center x? Will having it rechambered improve accuracy or will this barrel still not like center x?

I’m very new to the rimfire game but does the chamber have a lot of effect on the accuracy or is it more for reliable feeding on certain ammo?

In any event I hope you get it straightened out as I can understand your frustration. Just trying to bring up some points of thought before you hastily send this off to spend more money on it.

Are they the same blanks?

Last week I went and tested a few different brands in a gen 1.2 vudoo I just started messing with. Center x groups were all 1” while SK rifle match was consistently .5”

Is it a possibility that this barrel just doesn’t like center x? Will having it rechambered improve accuracy or will this barrel still not like center x?

I’m very new to the rimfire game but does the chamber have a lot of effect on the accuracy or is it more for reliable feeding on certain ammo?

In any event I hope you get it straightened out as I can understand your frustration. Just trying to bring up some points of thought before you hastily send this off to spend more money on it.
    My bother barrels are Kreiger, Bartlein (times 2), and a Green mountain. All shot great and all are from keystone. I am going to talk with John to get his thoughts.

This reamer shoots Center-X like a laser in the 4 other guns I have, all RimX. I have too much Center-X to mess around with another brand. I have tried 5 lots of Center-X since I have loose ammo left from other lots and they all shoot about the same, which is like shit.
    2 things I'd be curious to know if you have checked other than the mag ride level I mentioned prior. Is the extractor plate on the bolt torqued on properly and have you actually checked the headspaced on the installed barrel with the Zermatt supplied NOGO gauge? I mention these because I have experienced the one and know of another owner that experienced the other with different barrel. As much as I like the RimX design, I do believe that there as possible situation where tolerance stacking between the barrel and receiver can cause issues. So much so that the with next barrel I have spun, I'll be sending the action out to the smith so he can base the actual numbers as closely as possible for the best fit.

Last edited:
    I contacted the smith, (mind you that I am already pissed about the delivery delay) asked them for a refund and of course they told me to pound sand

Who the fuck was that?

Who the fuck was that?
    PVA, they told me it would be 6-8 weeks max when I ordered the first week of October and it finally showed up Feb 10 (after I threatened to cancel my order the week before) and of course, it is a piece of shit. I now just learned that the only smith that should have the reamer that was supposedly used on my build is Keystone as it is a propitiatory reamer.

PVA, they told me it would be 6-8 weeks max when I ordered the first week of October and it finally showed up Feb 10 (after I threatened to cancel my order the week before) and of course, it is a piece of shit. I now just learned that the only smith that should have the reamer that was supposedly used on my build is Keystone as it is a propitiatory reamer.

Lolol add it to the long list of dumpster fires…

Can’t say I’ve heard a lot better about Keystone but he’s supposedly pretty good with rimfires.

Either way that shit is whack and hopefully you get it sorted. Be sure to update.

• Haha
    Reactions: Emc_2015
    Folks

This is one of our barrels. It was late, but that’s beside the point of the bashing here.

The OP emailed demanding a refund. He stated poor accuracy and it was shaving lead terribly. I replied yesterday AM. I have not looked at the shop email today as it’s Sunday and I didn’t work today.

What he failed to accurately state was what I replied. In fact, his statement is pretty far from what I said.

We did not tell him to pound sand, I told him there was some stuff that needed to happen first, namely checking for adjustment and setup issues. Shaving lead indicates magazine height problems. Shaving lead is also going to cause accuracy problems. It does not indicate a bad barrel.

I also explained that if the mag height wasn’t the culprit that there were other things to look for in the rifle assembly. We could do it for him if he sent the rifle in or we could step him through the process, his choice just let us know.

If the barrel can’t be ruled out then we would bring it back, evaluate it, and potentially replace it. We do not simply refund a barrel after one range trip with one lot/brand of ammo, especially when the rifle is exhibiting signs of improper assembly (shaving lead).

As far as it being a proprietary reamer, that’s news to me. Padom handed the print to me himself and we sat in my office several years ago discussing the differences. We offered his chamber and a modified Bentz since we started doing RimX barrels.

He was also over at the shop doing some IT work for me a couple weeks ago and never said anything about it being something he didn’t want me to use.

So @bohem what about this noise about you guys potentially not having the chamber reamer for the chamber the guy ordered? I’m assuming he ordered it that way and there is some order confirmation, but if not, could you clear that up too?

Reactions: Emc_2015
    If the lead shavings are only happening with the suspect barrel, and not the OP’s other barrels, on the same action, why would mag ride height matter?

Unless he’s running the action in multiple stocks or chassis, shouldn’t the ride height be the same for all barrels?

So @bohem what about this noise about you guys potentially not having the chamber reamer for the chamber the guy ordered? I’m assuming he ordered it that way and there is some order confirmation, but if not, could you clear that up too?
    See above, I added that.

I don’t know who told him that the padom reamer was proprietary and I wasn’t supposed to have it. I was given it by padom several years ago.

The original post has 1 accurate statement, the barrel was very late.

I will make a note to post a screenshot of the email reply tomorrow. I emailed him back, said what I stated above, and went about my day with the weekend. We had friends in for the weekend and I have not been back to the shop emails since yesterday morning.

We stand behind our products, but keep in mind: buying a prefit means people are buying one component, not a whole rifle. I have no control over what trigger, chassis, etc they’re putting it in. When fitment or assembly issues arise we always attempt to help but I do not simply give refunds because someone asks. I also told
    him we would replace the barrel of it was proven to be bad. There are a few folks out there who had a barrel replaced by us. It happens, and we stand by it. More often than not the problem isn’t in the barrel or the machine work, and I’ve learned a lot about helping people troubleshoot assembly problems via e-mail over the past few years

If the lead shavings are only happening with the suspect barrel, and not the OP’s other barrels, on the same action, why would mag ride height matter?

Unless he’s running the action in multiple stocks or chassis, shouldn’t the ride height be the same for all barrels?
    Sometimes it’s as simple as a lot change or brand change in the ammo.

Some ammo types have a very distinct, abrupt step on the bullet to dealing band. It is there for a few reasons, one of which is to cut a nice ring in the paper target. That abrupt step on the ogive to bearing surface transition makes for a nasty spot to catch on the mouth of the chamber, especially for a dead soft lead bullet in a 22

There have also been a litany of problems with certain chamber jobs by certain smiths and the RimX. Many of them stemmed from the amount of chamber mouth chamfer that is cut. In fact the problem was so bad that in Q4 2020 I was asked by Zermatt if they could send customers to me to modify these barrels because there were so many ignition issues happening.

We fixed over 40 barrels in a 3 week period.

More chamfer on the mouth aids in feeding but hinders the ignition. There’s a fine balance to strike and that is “per print” from Zermatt. They have gone so far as to take one of our chamber/tenons and document it on the optical comparator to even confirm that what I have programmed is EXACTLY what the print says.

We don’t have ignition problems but there are times when the lead shaving is an issue and that’s exactly why the RimX mags have a height adjustment in them

Lol, I ordered the barrel and you guys take almost 4 times the estimated delivery time (that you provided me) and then I send an email to cancel my order and you magically get it to me the next week. Your a joke bud, get over it. As far as the reamer prints go, take that up with Dominic, I could give a shit at this point. The barrel is on it’s way back to you and your either going to refund me or get a charge back. I could give fuck at this point, you guys are fucking joke.

It might sound anecdotal but the few times I’ve seen people struggling with their prefits, it was a PVA and the dealer wouldn’t stand behind their products as well
    I've had issues 2 out of 3 times with them.

Oh and let’s be clear, there isn’t a mag height issue. I have 4 other fucking guns with RimX actions and none of them exhibit this problem.
    So did you test this barrel on any of the other actions?
    Did you measure/compare the barrel which worked to the one which didn’t?
    Do you have pics of a chambered round which was ejected without firing?
    Lead shaving has a direct impact on accuracy as I’m sure you know.
    Did you try dropping a round in the chamber before mounting the barrel? The coned breech is delicate I’d imagine, and wouldn’t take much to change its shape.

Reactions: Baron23
    So did you test this barrel on any of the other actions?
    Did you measure/compare the barrel which worked to the one which didn’t?
    Do you have pics of a chambered round which was ejected without firing?
    Lead shaving has a direct impact on accuracy as I’m sure you know.
    Did you try dropping a round in the chamber before mounting the barrel? The coned breech is delicate I’d imagine, and wouldn’t take much to change its shape.
    Why would I bother! Read it again, there was never an issue with it not firing, it just grouped like a shotgun at 50 yards and shaved lead off the bullets when the mag was set at the highest it could go. I am not a gunsmith, that is what I contracted PVA to figure out when I agreed to purchase this barrel from them. Had this barrel actually show up even close to the promised time I would have been more than accommodating. It didn’t and it shot like shit so I am not wasting a single second of my time trying to figure out what obviously they couldn’t.

Why would I bother! Read it again, there was never an issue with it not firing, it just grouped like a shotgun at 50 yards and shaved lead off the bullets when the mag was set at the highest it could go. I am not a gunsmith, that is what I contracted PVA to figure out when I agreed to purchase this barrel from them. Had this barrel actually show up even close to the promised time I would have been more than accommodating. It didn’t and it shot like shit so I am not wasting a single second of my time trying to figure out what obviously they couldn’t.
    Read what I wrote again.
    The things I mentioned are pertinent. I don’t know you, I don’t know your vender, I don’t know the abilities of either one of you, but I do know something about drop-in parts and tolerance stacking. You’re pissed, I get it, but if this post was intended to be a troubleshooting post and not a witch hunt, then it behooves you to express what you did in testing to determine this is a bad barrel.
    I’m just trying to help you. This isn’t a 10/22 autoloader with a soft and fuzzy interface, this is a precision firearm with parts which must fit within a certain tolerance level to perform satisfactorily.
    Lead shaving has a direct and detrimental impact on potential accuracy. Magazine adjustment is just one small part of what could be going on here.

I am not a gunsmith, that is what I contracted PVA to figure out when I agreed to purchase this barrel from them.
    It sounds like you bought a barrel, not a full build.
    How could they ensure your action to stock interface if it’s not in their hands?
    It’s not the smiths job to fix your mag height for a barrel job and since you can’t claim to have actually checked it’s figment other than “but the other ones don’t” I gotta conclude you’re causing the issues.

It sounds like you bought a barrel, not a full build.
    How could they ensure your action to stock interface if it’s not in their hands?
    It’s not the smiths job to fix your mag height for a barrel job and since you can’t claim to have actually checked it’s figment other than “but the other ones don’t” I gotta conclude you’re causing the issues.
    While I would agree with you the rub here is that I reinstalled the old barrel on the same action in the same chassis and it feeds perfectly and shoots one hole.

Again, had this been delivered even close to the window I was promised I would be happy to try a few things but it wasn’t and I am not exerting one ounce of my time and effort.

While I would agree with you the rub here is that I reinstalled the old barrel on the same action in the same chassis and it feeds perfectly and shoots one hole.

Again, had this been delivered even close to the window I was promised I would be happy to try a few things but it wasn’t and I am not exerting one ounce of my time and effort.

Honestly that would make me want to do as much as I could to make sure there wasn't an issue on my end as I waited for the barrel so I want to make sure I did everything to make it work.

Per the initial post: Here's a screenshot of the replies that I sent from Joe's email over the weekend. I was mistaken, I thought it was Saturday but it was Friday. We never said "pound sand"

1646661512284.png

Like I said, the print was given to me by Dom several years ago.

1646661207620.png

If he wants us to troubleshoot the barrel I'm happy to do that as I said in the initial reply email.

This entire thread has been an accusation of "PVA screwed me" and "PVA doesn't have the reamer they claim to"

Screenshots of our communications sure show otherwise. If the reamer has changed or Dom doesn't remember sending the me the print those are different than "they don't have it". Memories are a funny thing, this is why I try to write things down because I know that my own memory is fallable.

Written communication in email, with a time and date stamp is pretty hard to argue. I've been caught out on things I thought happened until I read through my notes. It happens.

Attachments

• 1646661484488.png
      1646661484488.png
      224.6 KB · Views: 159
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Baron23 and Rob01

I realize that engaging you further is not unlike arguing with a toddler throwing a tantrum. This is more for the peanut gallery reading the thread than anything else because I can't foresee this will come to anything positive at this point.

So far in everything you've said, the only thing that was true was that we were late. I agreed with you in the very first comment I made.

You told people we refused to help. That was not true.
    You told people we wouldn't support the product. Not true
    You told people that you contracted us to figure out the issue. Again, not true. Your email said that the barrel shot poorly and shaved lead and you wanted a refund. I just posted a screenshot of our reply so there is no ambiguity. We offered to give you a list of things to look at, suggested looking at magazine height and offered to trouble shoot the entire rifle for you if you wanted to send it in.

Then there's the question of the reamer. I don't know where you got that information from but it's patently false as well. If you're getting information from the gunsmith you keep mentioning you might want to be a little careful with believing everything he tells you. There's an axe to grind there. He screwed up so many RimX installs in 2020 that he was almost black listed from buying the actions. At the request of the action manufacturer, I fixed literally DOZENS of barrels by that person.

Everyone makes mistakes, we do our best to own them. I've made them in the past with other rifles, we've also replaced barrels before. I've also told people what our annual reject/failure rate is publicly. It's less than 1% and we make thousands of barrels a year. If you actually have a bad barrel then we will replace it, which I stated in our email response to you.

I've offered to help you several times. You've refused help and simply screamed about it online and accused of of things that have been shown to be false on all points. I'm not sure what else I can offer to do. At this point there's no proof the barrel is bad, I've offered assistance in troubleshooting it as a barrel alone or as a whole rifle for you. Figuratively you've spit in my face each time while telling people we aren't helping you.

Last edited:
    Per the initial post: Here's a screenshot of the replies that I sent from Joe's email over the weekend. I was mistaken, I thought it was Saturday but it was Friday. We never said "pound sand"

View attachment 7822384

Like I said, the print was given to me by Dom several years ago.

View attachment 7822381

If he wants us to troubleshoot the barrel I'm happy to do that as I said in the initial reply email.

This entire thread has been an accusation of "PVA screwed me" and "PVA doesn't have the reamer they claim to"

Screenshots of our communications sure show otherwise. If the reamer has changed or Dom doesn't remember sending the me the print those are different than "they don't have it". Memories are a funny thing, this is why I try to write things down because I know that my own memory is fallable.

Written communication in email, with a time and date stamp is pretty hard to argue. I've been caught out on things I thought happened until I read through my notes. It happens.

So now Im pissed off. I reached out to you personally Josh to discuss this and you chose to post publicly instead of responding to my texts or taking my phone calls. So now you've forced me to post publicly and clear my name and set the facts straight here.

Just so the facts are straight, we were discussing 22LR chambers at your shop in 2019 before RimX was even released, I remember it very clearly, no I didn’t forget like you stated in your post. You told me you wanted to make a 22LR chamber using a BORING BORE and not a reamer as a fun test project like Aaron @ Zermatt had just done and you wanted a good chamber to go off of and asked me for my print. I gave it to you. Yes my chamber is marked proprietary at Manson. Did Manson make your reamer for you with my print?

No, you NEVER asked me if you could have a reamer made and sell it at PVA just so we are clear. You never asked me that, you never contacted me and told me you had a reamer made off my print, you never asked me if you could sell it, you never told me you were selling it. You only asked me for my print to use to write a program off of to make a chamber using a boring bar like Aaron had done.

So, when I see this thread, and get contacted and initially the smith was not posted/discussed and I know for a fact I only had 1 physical reamer made and gave it to Keystone after they were done cutting all my RimX test/review barrels and I know thats the only shop that has my reamer and has asked me to sell my chamber.... and my print is marked proprietary at Manson...... how would I respond to someone about another shop claiming to be cutting barrels with MY reamer??

Is it a big deal, no. Especially if you asked or let me know... Did you ask me to have a reamer made and sell it at PVA? No. Did I know until this weekend that you did have a reamer made and were selling it at PVA? no... So hence why this guy was told nobody has my reamer.....

What a cluster, both of you are good dudes, but if Adam is saying that swapping the old barrel back on eliminates the lead shaving issue then I absolutely believe him. That makes it kind of obvious that assembly should not be an issue and there's something going on with this new barrel causing the issue if everything else is remaining the same. There's also absolutely no doubt that the shaved jackets are what's causing the accuracy issues. I don't see how this is an issue of a bad blank, and I think Joe could enhance his CS skills a bit as well. I interpret his reply as "you can jump through some more hoops and maybe we'll take it back and look at it, but no way will we refund you". IMO if a customer is legitimately delivered a sub par product it should be their choice whether they receive a replacement or a refund.

Not that anyone asked for it, but that's my $.02 from an outside perspective.

What a cluster, both of you are good dudes, but if Adam is saying that swapping the old barrel back on eliminates the lead shaving issue then I absolutely believe him. That makes it kind of obvious that assembly should not be an issue and there's something going on with this new barrel causing the issue if everything else is remaining the same. There's also absolutely no doubt that the shaved jackets are what's causing the accuracy issues. I don't see how this is an issue of a bad blank, and I think Joe could enhance his CS skills a bit as well. I interpret his reply as "you can jump through some more hoops and maybe we'll take it back and look at it, but no way will we refund you". IMO if a customer is legitimately delivered a sub par product it should be their choice whether they receive a replacement or a refund.

Not that anyone asked for it, but that's my $.02 from an outside perspective.
    That's fair feedback. It was me using Joe's email to reply to him. I'll take that under consideration in the future.
    At the time of my reply I was not aware of other barrels. I gave him a reply based on what information I had to go on, which was "the barrel shoots poorly, it shaves lead, I want a refund". I never said I didn't believe him, I told him we'd help but we needed to do more than have simple information and a demand for a refund.

So now Im pissed off. I reached out to you personally Josh to discuss this and you chose to post publicly instead of responding to my texts or taking my phone calls. So now you've forced me to post publicly and clear my name and set the facts straight here.

Just so the facts are straight, we were discussing 22LR chambers at your shop in 2019 before RimX was even released, I remember it very clearly, no I didn’t forget like you stated in your post. You told me you wanted to make a 22LR chamber using a BORING BORE and not a reamer as a fun test project like Aaron @ Zermatt had just done and you wanted a good chamber to go off of and asked me for my print. I gave it to you. Yes my chamber is marked proprietary at Manson. Did Manson make your reamer for you with my print?

No, you NEVER asked me if you could have a reamer made and sell it at PVA just so we are clear. You never asked me that, you never contacted me and told me you had a reamer made off my print, you never asked me if you could sell it, you never told me you were selling it. You only asked me for my print to use to write a program off of to make a chamber using a boring bar like Aaron had done.

So, when I see this thread, and get contacted and initially the smith was not posted/discussed and I know for a fact I only had 1 physical reamer made and gave it to Keystone after they were done cutting all my RimX test/review barrels and I know thats the only shop that has my reamer and has asked me to sell my chamber.... and my print is marked proprietary at Manson...... how would I respond to someone about another shop claiming to be cutting barrels with MY reamer??

Is it a big deal, no. Especially if you asked or let me know... Did you ask me to have a reamer made and sell it at PVA? No. Did I know until this weekend that you did have a reamer made and were selling it at PVA? no... So hence why this guy was told nobody has my reamer.....
    Hi Dom,

I forgot that part about boring chambers. Turns out it doesn't work long term as well as I'd thought. Anyway, I remembered having the reamer print, that's what I worked off of. That's also why I said what I said, sometimes things are forgotten and I try to keep notes as much as possible.

I didn't see your messages, I've been running around and away from my phone most of the morning.

So let me get this straight. It was ok for pva to use the chamber specs as long as it was done in a cnc with a boring bar, not with a reamer?

That’s a joke…. Right?!