• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1-12x LPVO

Mwalex

Private
Minuteman
  • Jun 8, 2011
    This article popped up on the Firearms Blog this morning and I wanted to share:

The photographers here understand Hoya glass. This and the SPF part has me very interested in more details.

Reactions: Atibal
    The photographers here understand Hoya glass.

Well, since this is a gun sight and not a camera glass is not the end-all, be-all.

Reticle design and execution and mechanical quality (repeatability, durability, etc) all get a seat at the table.

Reactions: FredHammer
    I'm a firm believer in "you got what you paid for" when it comes to highly technical merchandise. It matters little where it was made, as long as you don't get yourself scammed. Spending sub 1k on an LPVO and expect it to have the performance of 2k+ ones is just naive thinking.

Liquid lens technology is in early development, but very promising. We will eventually have a 1-50x optic the size of a modern 1-8x with optical performance better than TT and Hensoldt.

35mm tube size...I would not offend a set of ARC M-Brace mounts with this lump of crap.

And of course as soon as a popular name brand company comes out with a 1-12x with Euro-glass or LOW from japan with a decent eyebox, ataballs will bitch that they were the first to do a 1-12x and you should get theirs because of this.

Hard pass dog:rolleyes:
    Sorry you feel that way. Talking about eyebox and exit pupil the Atibal X 1-10x30 FFP is very forgiving and the exit pupil is best in its class than any other 1-10x on the market currently at 3mm at max magnification. Thanks.

Reactions: JS8588
    Tried a friend's atibal 1-10 and was very disappointed. These are the same quality as Swampfox, typical Chinese trash.
    We do utilize Japanese ED glass. What were you disappointed in? Maybe we can help you out. Thanks.

We do utilize Japanese ED glass. What were you disappointed in? Maybe we can help you out. Thanks.
    Are you able to describe your optical design? How many elements/groups, type of glass and where the various parts are made? The particular Hoya glass mentioned, is that the front, non-optical element only, or interior elements as well?

The ED Hoya Glass is utilized both in the objective and ocular lenses of the scope. Internally, the lenses are Chinese manufactured. The Atibal X 1-10x30 and the 1-12x32 utilizes a lens zoom relay system. With the zoom relay system, the optics have a higher optical zoom and better optical performance while maintaining a smaller overall footprint. What were you disappointed in? Maybe we can help. Thanks.

For starters you need mil/moa reference numbers on your tree reticles. If I need to hold 7 mils on your reticle, I have to count dots.
    Initially we did have reference numbers but decided to remove them after we had one made for testing. See attached photo. With the design of this reticle, the numbers made it too cluttered. We went back and forth and had about 4 different renditions of this reticle until we decided what looked best through the optic. With a different reticle design, we can definitely implement reference numbers to upcoming reticles. Thanks!

Attachments

• Version 2.PNG
      Version 2.PNG
      45.4 KB · Views: 200
    It was the X in FFP. I was really excited for the price point it had alot of options you have to spend 1400 or more to get.

It had promise. But I used it for a carbine match on a overcast day and it performed poorly. The light transmission was not good. It was very hard to distinguish targets out to 1000 yards.

It did seem to track correctly. It did seem robust. I think with some more work they could be a viable option.

I'm just saving up for a 1-8 NF.

@Atibal if you will be posting here as a manufacturer then you will need a commercial account. Go to your profile and upgrade.

Was not daylight bright and glass quality was sub par. Side by side to a Delta Stryker the Stryker was better in every way sans the extra 4x on the top end. However when everything turns a strange hue and the eyebox is microscopic it kind of negates the extra mag.

First time that we have heard of this. Do you happen to have the Atibal X 1-10x on you with this blue hue and not daylight bright? We would like to evaluate this further in regard to the blue hue. Also, if the reticle wasn't daylight bright, did you install a fresh battery? In regards to eye box/exit pupil at max magnification the Atibal X 1-10x is the most forgiving at 3mm for 1-10x's on the market. Comparing a 1-6x to 1-10x in our opinion is not the best comparison. There is a video from Paragon Creed which comprises of SF personnel that have taken the 1-10x out to 1,000 with no issues. Appreciate the input.

Are you able to describe your optical design? How many elements/groups, type of glass and where the various parts are made? The particular Hoya glass mentioned, is that the front, non-optical element only, or interior elements as well?
    The ED Hoya Glass is utilized both in the objective and ocular lenses of the scope. Internally, the lenses are Chinese manufactured. The Atibal X 1-10x30 and the 1-12x32 utilizes a lens zoom relay system. With the zoom relay system, the optics have a higher optical zoom and better optical performance while maintaining a smaller overall footprint. What were you disappointed in? Maybe we can help. Thank

Reactions: Halberdier
    The ED Hoya Glass is utilized both in the objective and ocular lenses of the scope. Internally, the lenses are Chinese manufactured. The Atibal X 1-10x30 and the 1-12x32 utilizes a lens zoom relay system. With the zoom relay system, the optics have a higher optical zoom and better optical performance while maintaining a smaller overall footprint. What were you disappointed in? Maybe we can help. Thank
    Glad to see you here commenting.
    You're going to have a tough sell here on Chinese made optics, especially with the crap going on right now.
    Lot's of folks will take a chance to see if they pick up something decent, but if it's crap, we will all know about it.

That's a clear response. Thank you. Does the zoom relay system involve fresnel lenses? Any aspherical elements? I'm asking all of this because a 1-12x would seem doomed for failure. I'm hoping you guys found the new path.

Glad to see you here commenting.
    You're going to have a tough sell here on Chinese made optics, especially with the crap going on right now.
    Lot's of folks will take a chance to see if they pick up something decent, but if it's crap, we will all know about it.
    Thanks! Dealing with Chinese manufactured optics has always been an uphill battle within the industry. Over the last decade that we have been in business the quality and manufacturing has improved significantly coming out of China. In terms of glass quality, we know that Schott and Japanese glass are top tier and that is why we decided to utilize Hoya out of Japan for the 1-10x and 1-12x. We are still able to use premium Japanese glass and have them imported to our Chinese manufacturer to keep cost down for us and also the customer. We are on the cusp of coming out with higher end optics out Japan as we've been in talks with LOW. The optics industry is reputation-based business and I think we've done a good job thus far with a couple bumps here and there. Don't get me wrong, there is still crap manufacturing from China which we've been able to overcome by holding our manufacturers to a higher standard when it comes to QC. That is why it's hard pressed to find a lot of negative reviews on our products. With that being said, we've built a pretty stable optics company over the years catering to that entry to mid-range price point but sometime in the near future we will dive into the higher end market. But with the current success of our 1-10x FFP is a great indicator that we are heading in the right direction.

I for one love how involved you are. This will be, in my opinion, a huge key to your success. Always looking for a better scope. Thank you

Thanks! Dealing with Chinese manufactured optics has always been an uphill battle within the industry. Over the last decade that we have been in business the quality and manufacturing has improved significantly coming out of China. In terms of glass quality, we know that Schott and Japanese glass are top tier and that is why we decided to utilize Hoya out of Japan for the 1-10x and 1-12x. We are still able to use premium Japanese glass and have them imported to our Chinese manufacturer to keep cost down for us and also the customer. We are on the cusp of coming out with higher end optics out Japan as we've been in talks with LOW. The optics industry is reputation-based business and I think we've done a good job thus far with a couple bumps here and there. Don't get me wrong, there is still crap manufacturing from China which we've been able to overcome by holding our manufacturers to a higher standard when it comes to QC. That is why it's hard pressed to find a lot of negative reviews on our products. With that being said, we've built a pretty stable optics company over the years catering to that entry to mid-range price point but sometime in the near future we will dive into the higher end market. But with the current success of our 1-10x FFP is a great indicator that we are heading in the right direction.
    Gotta say I appreciate the straightforward honest responses. I'll be looking at your L.O.W stuff when that comes forth at whatever point.

Do you have any good scopes to compare it to? Outside of shills, I've never heard anything good about their optics.

Reactions: SRPowah
    I just don't think we have the technology yet for satisfactory performance across the entire range of any scope with a 12x erector ratio. Compromises have to be made. I'm glad companies are pushing the envelope though. It's also good to see a manufacturer participate in the discussion and willing to provide some genuine technical answers.

I have the Atibal XP8 1-8x24 scope. Excellent scope and customer service. Looking forward to using it on my public land bear hunt in the fall.
    I know this is an old post I’m replying to, but I bought the 1-8x24 and I like it Okay, and I own 5 other LPVOs. I personally don’t think it’s very usable past 6 power and becomes for the lack of better words hazy. Now 1-6 of the 1 through 8 is Golden. I got it on a Unitah Precision 300 Blk 8” bolt action AR. It slays deer.

Attachments

• 704974F0-9E35-4D2E-AA93-B5804FA535BD.jpeg
      704974F0-9E35-4D2E-AA93-B5804FA535BD.jpeg
      136.2 KB · Views: 34
    A quality 1-4 will be more useful than these trash companies 1-12

Why people buy junk is beyond me.

And glass quality is always more important than magnification.

I bought it as a open box and it was cheap. It still can put a tight group at 100. It’s going to be ok buddy stand back from the ledge. It’s not a dick don’t take it so hard. Some of us try shit. I have Primary Arms, Eotech, Vortex, and shit. It’s almost like it’s my money to fucking piss away. Wow. There’s a concept.

A quality 1-4 will be more useful than these trash companies 1-12

Why people buy junk is beyond me.

And glass quality is always more important than magnification.

This. I can only imagine what a pile of shit a 12X erector chinesium optic would be.

I got there 1-8x24 and as an open box and put it on my 10 year olds daughters deer gun a bolt action AR. That uses Makers 110 supers. It works fine, but I wouldn’t use it past 6 power. I have damn near shot every LPVO you can get your hands On. Eotech-NightForce. No I wouldn’t spend full price for anything Atibal. I like Primary Arms and think the PLX 1-8 is the best out right now for the money. I’m an ACSS fan though. I also don’t run just LPVOs on all my pistol/rifles. I only mentioned the 1-8 because another guy did. I would use it on a platform like I have but not. Defense set-up.