• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors 1.2 mil POI shift. typical?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    Was testing out poi shift w/ my tbac 338sr, and was a bit surprised to see the shift is 1.2 mil straight down. Group size was still very nice, so I doubt anything is wrong. Just curious if anyone else has that big of a shift

That's getting into territory where I'd have the threads and mounting of the brake checked. Group size good indicates it's not getting critical. Also, a longer and/or less stiff barrel, or more flex in the action can cause more droop, which is almost always straight down. What's the rifle/barrel set up?

That's getting into territory where I'd have the threads and mounting of the brake checked. Group size good indicates it's not getting critical. Also, a longer and/or less stiff barrel, or more flex in the action can cause more droop, which is almost always straight down. What's the rifle/barrel set up?
    It's a 26" proof sendero (carbon). The brake was timed/installed at LRI when they chambered it.

Doesn't seem surprising for a 20oz can on the end of a 26" barrel. ~1 mil down is pretty normal, at least for my can/rifle combos.

Reactions: Newbie2020
    I changed from one brand of brake to another and got 1 Mil shift straight down so I'm not overly surprised by that amount of shift on a suppressor.

Can’t speak for the Thunderbeast 338, but my Shark 338 can takes my POI down about the same as yours