• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1.25 no taper barrels, where to start?

jjshooots

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2020
California
Anyone know where I could find 1.25 no taper barrels out there? Either blanks or an Impact 737 prefit, 6mm.

Still got a lot of life left on my current barrel, but kinda want to experiment for my next in the future. Just putting my feelers out there now.

It seems they’re few and far between, but if anyone could point me in a direction of where I might start to look would be great.

(Apologies if this isn’t the appropriate thread, but thought it might be)

Thanks!

If you have a lot of life left in your barrel, I would suggest calling krieger, bartlien, or hawk hill and placing an order today. Best case they have it to you sooner or later. Worst case it meets lead times. You may also check bug holes to see if they have any in stock. Same with the folks mentioned above.

Reactions: Baron23
Thats one option or if you want a Bartlien, Krieger or other premium offering best to get on a list and wait.
They are out there just have to do some searching.

Any barrel maker will make a 1.250 straight. Ibi and ks arms are both 8-10 weeks lead time last I checked. Not bad in comparison to many others

The fastest custom length/taper barrel you can get that's not a piece of shit is K&P.
I know K&P are good but thought the PBB barrels were fairly well recieved around here.
I know they had some issues with over promising on delivery times and the occasional goof up on throating and chambering being slight short.
I was considering them for a Tikka T3 sporter in 6.5x55 to replace my 270win barrel when its toast.

We have blanks in stock that we contour to order. The material starts as "32nd oversize" so it's 1.25+0.032 and we contour down for the specific order. Lead time on a 1.25" straight is 3 days, a prefit is 6-8 weeks and can be rushed for as fast as 1 week if you're willing to pay the rush services fee.

1.250 straight is a hvy sum bitch. The only stock I know that will require no weighting to balance is a foundation standard fill as their super butt heavy, prob the gen1 matrix as well. Check out OTM tactical as they have occasional 1.250 straights in stock, as well as Bugholes.

@reubenski and @4O6shootist, yeah I’m running a matrix pro so the channel should be good. I even think the butt might be alright too; I know they trimmed some off from the gen 1, but it’s still a little hefty in the back.

Currently running a proof comp, and the side weights, and it balances right at the bag. So I’m guessing it might be similar to a 1.25 with no weights. That’s the hope at least.

And thanks 406, will check out OTM!

Reactions: 4O6shootist
@reubenski and @4O6shootist, yeah I’m running a matrix pro so the channel should be good. I even think the butt might be alright too; I know they trimmed some off from the gen 1, but it’s still a little hefty in the back.

Currently running a proof comp, and the side weights, and it balances right at the bag. So I’m guessing it might be similar to a 1.25 with no weights. That’s the hope at least.

And thanks 406, will check out OTM!
I ran a matrix with hvy varm and all forward weights for balance for a bit and with bipod it was 26#, centurion with hvy comp 28" barrel with a steel arca and brass weights, same 25.7# for balance. I'm a big strong dude, but the weight really slowed me down. I prob need to work on getting my gun onto bag/prop with better target alignment for quicker target acquisition more natural poa, and the weight would be less detrimental. It was stable as F and had very low recoil. I just didn't score as well when my rifle was closer to 20#.