• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1.250 Straight in MPA Chassis w/ Internal Weights

Stra8shot

Private
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2019
Anyone running a 1.250 straight barrel in a MPA chassis with internal weight kit? Curious if anything would need milled or opened up.

According to MPA the only chassis that they currently produce that will accept a 1.25” diameter barrel is the ESR or Matrix. I would imagine that it would be difficult to have the proper clearance with the weight kit.

I have an MPA BA with a 1.25 staight barrel and a full internal weight kit. My gunsmith had to do a little carving on the end to get the barrel to fit.

The nubs for the nvg rail will definitely be super close and easy to flex into the barrel. Those will need to go. At the very least.

Even on matrix.

The nubs for the nvg rail will definitely be super close and easy to flex into the barrel. Those will need to go. At the very least.

Even on matrix.
I kinda figured the nubs would for sure have to go. If I’ve measure correctly, it’ll fit, but as you have already mentioned any flex at all will cause it to touch. The other two nubs on the bracing appear they’ll have to go also. Any idea if the weights themselves will touch?

if not the whole NV rail itself

even with a HV contour it's super close

Ya. Once you machine off the nubs, there’s nothing to bolt the nvg rail to anymore. It’s a permanent no nvg rail chassis after that.