• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

~1.3" 34mm cantilever mount on AR?

Maverick3009

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
Indiana
Plan on picking up an Atacr 4-16x42 here in the near future and need a mount to go with it on my Mk12 Mod 1. Hoping to mount it low enough that I can get a good sight picture without adding anything to the stock that may interfere with the charging handle. Max range this rifle will see is probably 800-900yds with most being <600yds so 20moa slant isn't necessary but never hurts. Prone more often than not with occasional bench rest shooting. Overall I'm looking for a cantilevered 1-piece mount, 34mm tube, 1.3"ish height and perferably a 20moa slant. Closest I've found are the Spuhr QDP-4046 which meets all the above except 20moa slant and the Bobro standard precision scope mount which is close except the 1.42" height and sort of centilevered-ish. Anyone have other suggestions of mounts that would fit this use or do you think I'm going too low?

You're going to need 1.5" to feel comfortable unless you have silly high cheek bones.

And 44mm objective barely clears for me with 1.5" mounts.

Reactions: JDB55 and simonp
Agreed, dont believe I have any 1.3"s on gas guns

My LPVO's on my AR's are in Badger O's mounts which are 1.54 I believe - find that they work out very well for me.

I have a 1.44" NF mount for my ATACR 4-16 and it's about perfect when I'm behind the gun. It clears the handguard just fine too.

1705434920084.png

Reactions: Maverick3009
I have a 4-16x42 in a badger 1.3 unimount and the only thing that kind of bothers me is it crowds the charging handle a bit. I like it overall

Edit: Looks like factory A2 irons are 1.4" high.

Last edited:
Badger Unimount 306-67. I like the height but its probably low for most people. Like the guy above said it does crowd the charging handle. Looks like Eurooptic has it listed as discontinued though.

I'm not sure a unimount would fit while giving the proper eye relief which is where the cantilevered comes into play.

Length of pull is a big factor. I have an A2 stock so my ocular is right at the back of the receiver. If you want to collapse a carbine stock all the way, the scope will be out over the handguard.

I run a DMR2PRO and a LRTSi on two AR10’s with no clearance or eye relief issues. A cantilever for certain, just isn’t excessively long and sits close to front of upper receiver pic rail.

Reactions: chevy_man
Length of pull is a big factor. I have an A2 stock so my ocular is right at the back of the receiver. If you want to collapse a carbine stock all the way, the scope will be out over the handguard.
No one in their right mind is going to set up a rifle with a magnified optic like a 4-16 ATACR to shoot with the stock fully collapsed.

• Haha
Reactions: Maverick3009