• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 1-4x, 1-6x, or 1-8x variable with MIL external adjustment and/or stadia line reticle?

towerofpower93

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
In the market for a variable optic in 1-4, 6, or 8x, but my initial research is finding that nearly all of the 1-4x, 1-6x, and 1-8x optics have a BDC reticle. Of the ones I've found which do have standard stadia lines, they're usually MOA. I've moving towards all my variable optics being MILs and would prefer this to be in MILs as well.

I'd prefer a scope with external MIL adjustments and/or a MIL stadia line reticle as I've never found BDC reticles to be useful for me in shooting at distance once I get beyond 200-300yds.

So, any 1-X variable optics with external MIL adjustments and/or MIL stadia lines in the reticle?

Thanks

Eric

ETA: would like to be below $1,500 NIB, if possible, but totally willing to spend the bucks to get what I want and also down for a second hand/used but not abused optic.

Last edited:
Have you considered the Burris XRT II 1.5-8x28 #201015

The dual focal plane reticle design unique to this model allows crosshairs to change size with magnification, while the size of the illuminated center remains constant. Mil measurements and trajectory lines are accurate at any power. The design allows for fast, easy transitions between short- and mid-distance shooting.

Click here for reticle detail

GPOTAC 1-8x24 has a mrad reticle
Primary Arms Platinum 1-8x24 has an optional mrad reticle
Trijicon 1-8x28 has an optional mrad reticle
March 1-8x24 has a mrad reticle
Nightforce NX8 and ATACR 1-8x24 has mrad reticles
SWFA SS HD 1-6x24 has a mrad reticle
Vortex Razor Gen 2 1-6x24 has an optional mrad reticle (VMR-2 mrad)
Ditto for PST Gen 2 1-6x24
Hawke Frontier 1-6x24 (very underrated little scope)
Sightron S-Tac 1-7x24

and the list goes on: Minox ZP8, S&B PMII, Sig Tango6 1-6x24, Kahles K16i with SM1 reticle, etc.

ILya

Reactions: Bender
The Burris 1-8 is a BDC reticle. I've used it regularly to fire at targets out to 600 yards without issue. The windage stadia is in .5 mil increments.

But it does have a choice of capped or uncapped Mil turrets for windage and elevation. So for anything beyond your comfort zone for the BDC reticle, you dial for elevation and hold wind. Which is pretty much what you would be doing anyway.

It's a hell of a good value at 1k. Made by LOW in Japan, and packed with features you generally see in more expensive optics.

Reactions: Bender
All of these are FFP:

SS 1-4 HD mil/mil (used)
SS 1-6 HD mil/mil
NF NX8 1-8 mil/mil
NF ATACR 1-8 mil/mil
Burris has at least one (see above)
March Shorty 1-8 mil/mil

That’d be the list I’d look at, though the ATACR is above your price range, the other are right in it.

Vortex Razor Gen 2 1-6x24 has an optional mrad reticle (VMR-2 mrad). These have been for sale in the PX for $1000. One man pulled his ad when it didn't sell for just under one thousand! There's one this morning for $1000. That seems like a great deal on a good scope.