• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1-6 LPVO-- Vortex or Sig?

grillmaster_98

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2020
Wisconsin
Looking for input for a LPVO. I've used a Trijicon accupoint 1-4 on my general purpose AR for years, and I'm looking at getting something with a higher magnification range. I'm looking for something durable, preferably SFP, and between $ 1100-1500.
Two contenders are the Razor gen ii e or the Sig Tango6T (Hellfire reticle). I was wondering if anyone had any extensive experience with either of these optics (or both), particularly with their durability. I haven't been able to find any threads comparing these two scopes, but if there's already a resource on this feel free to send it my way. Thanks

I also own the Vortex G2E 1x6. It a fantastic LPVO. Fast shots up close with a nice bright dot and I have also made easy work out to 600 yards with it.

Attachments

• 20200901_171016.jpg
    20200901_171016.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 20200902_195904.jpg
    20200902_195904.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 360
I have a lot of rounds down range with the Vortex and owned a Tango 6 (and eventually traded it for a pistol.) I personally would rank the Vortex higher in quality and durability but the Sig has the clearer glass with less distortion, especially at 1x. I know a lot of people really love the Vortex but I just never really was fond of it. Another contender at that price range is the Eotech Vudu. I own one as well and I think it has the clearest most true 1x of the three

I've used the vortex pretty extensively. I also have a few Sig Tango 6's in my arms room that Sig sent us to test out. Although I don't have as much time on the Sig, I much prefer the vortex. It's bomb proof, has a great eye box, and the dot is insanely bright. I think the Razor is more usable on the low end than the Sig.

That vortex is GTG. I have a leupold mk6 and i paid a couple hundred more for it over the vortex because its lighter but i doubt its as rugged, however it is ffp.

Looking for input for a LPVO. I've used a Trijicon accupoint 1-4 on my general purpose AR for years

Other than wanting more magnification how do you like the AccuPoint? I just signed up here to ask for suggestions between a TR24 and p4xi. This will be my first LPVO for an AR. Looking for something to use out to about 300 yards max.

Reactions: grillmaster_98
I have a Steiner P4Xi on my duty rifle for 2 years and I really like it. The scope is light, excellent glass, really day bright red dot and a clean reticle with hash marks. The only thing I would change is the magnification ring is very stiff, even with the lever.

I compared with the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6X and I think Steiner P4Xi is on another level. When I bought, the price was around U$450,00... now is way up.

Reactions: grillmaster_98
Other than wanting more magnification how do you like the AccuPoint? I just signed up here to ask for suggestions between a TR24 and p4xi. This will be my first LPVO for an AR. Looking for something to use out to about 300 yards max.

AccuPoint had nice glass. The post reticle was simple, though I could see it being a issue at longer ranges, as it would likely cover up a portion of the target with the thick post. Illumination was good, but not as bright as an acog. I'd prefer battery operated illumination.

Also, the objective lens on my TR24 came loose. It looked like it was threaded in, and it simply started unthreading itself. Trijicon fixed it. Any company can have QC issues, and I'm a sample size of one. Still, didn't exactly give me confidence in my optic.

I would also check out the eotech Vudu line. They are pretty light weight and have seen some good reviews on them

I have the vortex Gen2 E with the JM1 ret. For me, I prefer my steiner P4Xi. If shooting off a bench at long range steel I enjoy the Vortex, but as an all around scope, I will take my steiner. I don't know why. I even like the steiner more than my kahles 1-6. The vortex has very good glass and eyebox and seems built stout. Just for some reason it is not my favorite LPVO. I think I am going to sell it.

Cheers, Steve