• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 1-6 viper vs 1-6 razor

I have experience with both. The Razor is better in all aspects, but you ask the right question. Is it $800 better, I don’t think so. I can’t tell a difference in the glass. My understanding is the Razor is built to be tougher. The Viper has held up well for the range. I appreciate the savings with the Viper.

Reactions: Pointman308
I have both, and it’s definitely a noticeable difference. More forgiving eyebox, clearer glass, better/more crisp red dot illumination. I find it more enjoyable to shoot for 3gun and you’re running and gunning, but if you’re just sitting behind the gun in the prone, you probably wouldn’t need the Razor.

I would highly recommend saving up for the razor.
The first thing i noticed between these product lines is the edge to edge clarity and the quality of the workmanship overall.

Last weekend coming home from the Wisconsin Dells I stopped at Vortex headquarters. Nice showroom with all their products on display to look at. There's at least a 1000 yds of open prairie to scan with their optics.

I picked up the 1-6 strikeagle first, thought, ok not bad. Then the 1-8 strikeagle and thought the eye relief was a little more strict.

Then I picked up the viper 1-6, wow surprised. I felt like I was inside the scope. The eyebox was huge, I felt like I could see all around and field of view seemed huge.

Then the razor 1-6. I expected this to be even better but was underwhelmed. I could tell the glass was better but it felt like I was looking through a tube. It didn't feel like the field of view was as big, although the specs say it is bigger.

I went back and forth between the viper and razor and decided the viper was better for me.

Reactions: Pointman308