• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1:9 Twist 10/22 SBR barrel

Vect0rstar

Private
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2018
I need some help finding a shorter 1-9 twist 10/22 barrel for a build that I want to do. I'm having some trouble finding anywhere that sells them. Do you guys know of a place I can find them? I'm not really stuck on the barrel length. I will be using it with 60sss and also want to see what it's like with 40gr subs.

Some other questions:
  • What barrel length would be optimal for the Aguila 60gr sss?
  • How hard might it be to get the 10/22 to cycle reliably with the shorter barrel, 60gr sss, and suppressor?
  • Do you know of anywhere that sells an SBR size 1-9 twist barrel for the ruger precision rimfire?

Last edited:
I went with a 11.5” 1:9 Lilja on my 77/22 SBR. I use the 60gr. SSS exclusively in it.

I made my decision based on info on this page: http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/22.html

Looks like 12” is the best barrel length/velocity compromise with that round.

Can’t help you on the 10/22 specific questions you have, but I have read that the round was designed for a bolt gun and there will be increased port noise due to the short case if you are shooting suppressed. No first hand experience with that in a semiauto though.