• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

1-9 twist bolt action with 75gn A-Max

craig700sps

Private
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2010
Scotland , UK
Ive got a remy 700 tac 20" .223 1-9 twist, ive got hold of some 75gn A-Max bullets that i want to develop.

Has anyone had luck with these bullets in a 1-9 twist rifle. I will be using varget along with this bullet.

Re: 1-9 twist bolt action with 75gn A-Max

Some will and some won't. I've seen both. You'll just have to try them.

I have been shooting them out of 3 9twist barrels. 2 savage barrels and a er shaw. With a generous load of varget it rocks.

Mine works when it is nice and warm out, but below about 60 degrees they begin grouping huge, never any keyholes though.

I've had several 9 twist barrels. All of mine shot the A-Maxes ... Some better than others. All of them shot EITHER the A-Maxes or the Hornady 75 bthp VERY WELL, but not both in the same barrel for whatever reason? Out to 300yds all of mine favored the 69 smk's over the 75's. Dont overlook the 77 smk's either, i've seen several 9 twist barrels shoot them well. I had better luck with RL-15 but Varget & H4895 are good choices as well.