• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1" dia 1/2x28 thread spacer

Pocket

Monkey with a gun
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2019
Baton Rouge, La
seeking knowledge:

My suppressor on my vudoo wont thread down to the shoulder of my MTU barrel. Known problem, and solution being the thread spacer. I have bought the Delta Threaded Rifle spacer from SilencerCo but with an O.D. of 0.67 it looks weird as im working on building a M40a5(ish) vudoo.
Anyone have a source for a 1" O.D. 1/2x28 thread spacer or possibly professionally make one before i just take a hacksaw to a thread protector and make my own...i already eat crayons dont make me do crafts.

Find an oversized thread protector and tell your smith you need spacer made out of it. Either that or have him re thread the barrel and do it correctly for you

seeking knowledge:

My suppressor on my vudoo wont thread down to the shoulder of my MTU barrel. Known problem, and solution being the thread spacer. I have bought the Delta Threaded Rifle spacer from SilencerCo but with an O.D. of 0.67 it looks weird as im working on building a M40a5(ish) vudoo.
Anyone have a source for a 1" O.D. 1/2x28 thread spacer or possibly professionally make one before i just take a hacksaw to a thread protector and make my own...i already eat crayons dont make me do crafts.
I recently got a mini lathe and I'm having some fun turning metal. I have 316 stainless and aluminum bar stock on hand.

Shoot me an IM with exact dimensions and which material you'd prefer. (no charge)

I recently got a mini lathe and I'm having some fun turning metal. I have 316 stainless and aluminum bar stock on hand.

Shoot me an IM with exact dimensions and which material you'd prefer. (no charge)
Excellent!

@Pocket

This look OK?

316 stainless, 1/2x28 threads. OD is .9975" and thickness is .2495". That's about as close as my little Chinese lathe is capable of. I used Caswell Stainless blackener.....not the toughest finish, but you get what you paid for!

I spun it on my B14R and popped a few rounds through one of my F1 cans--no issues on my equipment but I'd recommend using an alignment rod to verify it's concentric before firing. **I'm a pretty good electrician and mechanic but I've never been accused of being a machinist!

If this fits your requirements, I'll put it in the mail tomorrow.

ETA: This was fun--I used a piece of scrap that I had leftover from making a toe shifter for one of my Harleys. 316 is so easy to machine when compared to aluminum--it doesn't stick to the tools or gum up.

Attachments

• spacer wide.jpg
    spacer wide.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 39
  • spacer thick.jpg
    spacer thick.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Great! It'll go out tomorrow. I would like to see a pic of your Vudoo and how the spacer works out

*update*
If pictures work you will see suppressor with no spacer, silencerCo delta thread spacer, and then the 1” OD spacer that was made by our very on @Colt45guy

Attachments

• 3C7FB1C1-03B4-4BBB-B828-107CCCE24BBA.jpeg
    3C7FB1C1-03B4-4BBB-B828-107CCCE24BBA.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 9630361E-ABE7-475B-9A58-A849CA5AE98D.jpeg
    9630361E-ABE7-475B-9A58-A849CA5AE98D.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 9DB9671E-D4DB-4DBC-BCBB-BC7FAF5294F7.jpeg
    9DB9671E-D4DB-4DBC-BCBB-BC7FAF5294F7.jpeg
    363.9 KB · Views: 55
Lol yeah it was a gap for sure. I dunno if it’s the direct mount for the 9mm suppressor I like to use or the threads are just a bit to long from vudoo. Either way thank you soo much

Reactions: Colt45guy
I found this same sort of thing out in the same way. I discovered that the standard thread length for centerfire is longer than for rimfire.

But since you’d think Vudoo would obviously know this, it’s a bit perplexing as to why you have a barrel with too long of threads.

Did someone other than Vudoo thread that barrel?

Nope. Full build from them. Tho I use monocore suppressors .22 & 9mm so that may have something to do with it also. The .22 suppressor fits way better but still not flush with no spacer.

Found a link talking about the length of the thread for rimfire vs centerfire. I quote,

“[A] 1/2″x28 rimfire threading should be cut to a total length of 0.4″ whereas 1/2″x28 centerfire should be cut to a total length if 0.6″.”