• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

+1 for Rock Creek Barrels...

santee116

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2010
Palmetto State
I recently bought a Rock Creek barreled action (from Dan at Rock Creek) here on the hide. They were a pleasure to do business with and they make a fine barrel; and the rifle shoots very, very well. Just wanted to give them a big thumbs up. I actually bought the stock from JW Precision, so the whole rig (minus scope and rings) is from Hide Sponsors. The sponsors here are top of the line. Thanks guys. Big thumbs up for Rock Creek and JW Precision.

Stiller Predator Long Action
Rock Creek (carbon wrapped) barrel, 29"
Chambered in 6.5x284 Norma (no turn neck)
Jewell Trigger
BDL Bottom (soon to be PTG replacement)
Stiller 20 MOA base
Badger Rings
Zeiss 6-24x56

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

Dan told me it should shoot the 140's well around 51 to 51.5 grains of RL 22 and he was dead on the money. Got it sighted in and found this node in less than 20 rounds. (only 3 shots, trying to save what barrel life I can on this hot rod)
DSCF0043.jpg

Re: +1 for Rock Creek Barrels...

Vegas50 and I have a bunch of Rock Creek barrels coming in soon. I'm looking forward to trying them out! I've heard a lot of positive feed back about the forum sponsors.

You will not go wrong with a Rock Creek barrel. I am running one a 308 right now that it absolutely lights out. They are typically the first guys I look to when I want a custom barrel and I have found that their turn around times are as good or better than most.

I have three personal rifles with rock barrels, and they are extrememly accurate rifles. We also had 28 duty rifles done with rock barrels, the are all at least half MOA shooters. I think that says a lot about the qualiy of their barrels, 31 would seem to be a fairly large sample size. They had excellent build time on the barrels as well. Definately good guys to deal with.

Love my Rock Creek barrel. It's very accurate!

I have a rock creek on my 260ai and it is shooting lights out.
Paul at R.C. was very helpfull and turned out a great barrel.

Ordered my first custom barerl in 7-08 from them a while back. They were great to speak with on the phone. Should have the finished gun done soon to give the barrel a test run. If all goes well I'll be ordering a .243 barrel from them.

I put a Rock barrel on my 708 build. Not only is it very accurate but its fast. That's important when your trying to cheat the wind.

+1 for Rock Creek.
I also picked up fps. with a Rock Bbl. in my .308cal.

The one on my .260 is a hammer! 14 week wait, only draw back!

When my TRG-42 smokes its Bbl, it's getting a Rock!

LOBO 151