• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 1 Gray, 2 Reds

yeahkkyle

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
US
Picked up a Foxpro Fury2 on Tuesday morning. My first quality electronic call. Gave it a whirl that night from 645-11. Got a gray on the 1st set. Came right in to the call, gave it a sniff and ran a little, hit him at 15 yards. 2nd set we called in a red and a friend shot him, tracked him for 20 minutes but lost blood. I checked today for almost an hour and couldn't find him. Hit our 3rd set, got a red at 70 yards and called another one in 5 minutes later. He was easily 400+ away and slowly coming in with Vole Squeaks playing. Hit some Bay Bee Cottontail and he came running. He stopped at 105 yards and started barking so I took him. Extremely happy with the new addition to my calls.

2wdx1f4.jpg

qoermc.jpg

Re: 1 Gray, 2 Reds

Awesome job man! What caliber/bullet are you using? Is there a lot of damage to the pelts?

I'm using a 95gr berger vld in .243 that I hand load which is overkill for fox. I have a .223 but with all this assault rifle nonsense going on it is impossible to find ammo for it or I would use that. I'm mainly after coyote but if a fox comes out I'm going to take him while they are in season. I guess I have to start reloading .223. The damage is a little rough if you hit them anywhere in the body. Last weekend I got a headshot at 335 yards on a red and did zero damage, just a small hole in and I couldn't find an exit. I tossed around the idea of taking a .17 but that will not do for a coyote and the range I hunt at.

thats pretty cool, what do you do with the hides?
ive been wanting a couple for my deer camp, i just dont like to shot stuff i do eat

If they don't get shot up bad I sell them. Usually get $20-30 for a fox unless its huge and really red, then they can go for $45.