• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 1" inch ring inserts

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
Are ring inserts OK to use? If so what brand do you all recomend? Have Nikon scope with 1" inch tube but the scope I plan getting will have 30 km tube. Just wondering if the inserts would be OK. Thanks

It depends how wide the rings or mount is, most 1" Delrin ring spacers are designed for regular width hunting style rings. The 1" inserts I ordered to try with my ADM Recon were too narrow to span the whole ring and wouldn't give correct clamping force. There may be some out there that are wide enough to work with tactical rings, but mine weren't (trijicon, I believe).

Are ring inserts OK to use? If so what brand do you all recomend? Have Nikon scope with 1" inch tube but the scope I plan getting will have 30 km tube. Just wondering if the inserts would be OK. Thanks

They're OK, but not ideal of course. The best brand to get is the same one as your rings. Some, like ARMS rings, have a lip, so that inserts can't slip outside the outer ring.

But to me it sounds like you're misgauged the sizes and not understanding. It reads to me like you currently have a Nikon with a 1" scope, and you want to upgrade to a scope with a 30mm tube. (assuming km is a typo)

30mm is larger than 1", so your current rings holding the 1" Nikon will not work for the scope you plan on getting (30mm).

Last edited:
Sorry for typo. Going to buy 30mm rings but want to use Nikon till I get scope I want. Which has 30mm tube. Just seeing if the 1" ring inserts are OK. Shooting .308 so recoil is mild. Thanks guys for the info so far