• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 1 of my favorite Semi-Auto

308saiga

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2010
South Florida
I know she is not a a sniper rifle, but I love this beast...

Saiga 308 - converted to a pistol grip setup, it has a red star 2 stage trigger with a pull weight of 2-3 lbs, I put my shots on a 4" bullseye with absolutely no problems at 200 yards. I hope you enjoy the pic

Re: 1 of my favorite Semi-Auto

Some interesting features on there. I like the folding foregrip; is it pretty stable? Is that a side-folding stock too?

I would love to hear the cost to put this saiga together. Also did you start with the pistol grip version?

Shok

Wow thx for the complement guys... OK some history, I bought this from Jensen Arms, it was supposed to be the wood stock version for $480, when I opened the box they sent me the synthetic, back and forth with Jensen, he knocked off $130 from the price so I got her for $350 brand new....

The front forend is the original, all I did was to take it down to the thick part of the forend, I wanted to open it up to allow to cool faster, I also added the PG rail, PG is a CAA ($39)...

The front sight is the original sight cut down and welded on to the gas block...

Ergo PG ($35), Russian POSP low profile side mount ($48), eagle eye optics red dot ($160), 2 25 round surefire mags ($50), Tapco collapsible T6 stock ($55), red star 2 statege trigger ($100)...

I am still not done with her, I want the Ace 6 position butstock with the E-Tac AK-AR15 Telescopic Stock Adapter (Weld-On), a aluminum forend, this is about another $400-$500 ouch....

Very cool. I thought it was actually the shotgun for a minute with that huge honking magazine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very cool. I thought it was actually the shotgun for a minute with that huge honking magazine. </div></div>

You made me look, I did say 308 in the title... lol, No, shotgun I have a Moss 500A with both a 18" home defense barrel and a 24" hunting barrel... Houge forend, and Knoxx recoil reduction butstock......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoktroop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love to hear the cost to put this saiga together. Also did you start with the pistol grip version?

Shok </div></div>

Nope I converted it myself, the worst part was that it did not have the PG hole already in place. It was a bitch measuring to make sure I cut the right spot....

After I cut the hole, I figured out a better way of doing it.... Would have been a lot easier...........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308saiga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

After I cut the hole, I figured out a better way of doing it.... Would have been a lot easier...........

</div></div>
What was the better way please? thinking of doing one myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DS12</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308saiga</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>
What was the better way please? thinking of doing one myself. </div></div>

Maybe I should have added that (you'd think saiga?) LOL.. If you do not have the PG hole, then proceed with your conversion, once you move the trigger guard forward then take your pistol grip place it where it is supposed to go unsecured (turn the weapon so that the pistol grip is facing up) take a thin pencil or scriber and mark the hole where the bolt goes through, remove the PG and drill hole, install the PG nut on the outside of the receiver upside down
url]
and scribe the square of the nut then cut it out with your dremmil tool.... Make sure you have the PG nut facing the correct way......

I hope this helps.........