• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1 Piece Mount?

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    I’ve always used standard rings (Vortex/Seekins/ARC), but I’ve been eyeing the new MBrace 1 piece from ARC.

Are they that much better then the standard 2 ring setups?

They all do the same job as long as you’re using quality components. I’ve been using arc rings/mounts exclusively for a few years now, I use rings on rifles where weight matters and 1 piece mounts on rifles where it doesn’t but rings would perform the same.

The biggest argument for 1 piece mounts I see is they keep things straight (theoretically) even if the base on the action isn’t but that goes back to using quality components. The 1 piece bases are also nice if you need additional can’t.

Reactions: simonp
    they provide cant if you don't like the burris option. they weigh more. aside from that meh slightly easier maybe...especially MBrace with it's 4 bolts