• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1 Remi, 6 beers, and 3 Rolls Of Tape

He Shoot Me

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2009
No. Cal.
I hate it when I get bored and a little buzzed at the same time. I almost always get into something that I shouldn't.
smirk.gif

Anyhow, I figured if I couldn't sweet-talk ARP into painting my rifle before deer season, I could use this camo tape to help blend in. Well I went a little crazy with the stuff, going way to fast, and this is how it turned out.

I'll test fire it this weekend and see if it gets hot any quicker, falls apart, or what if any effect it has on my point of impact.

DSC03937.jpg

DSC03938.jpg

-Pat

Re: 1 Remi, 6 beers, and 3 Rolls Of Tape

The gun is going to be nice and warm that's for sure and you don't have to worry about the scope falling off and getting lost either.LOL

Steve

it actually looks like the best cammo job ever. honestly. everything seems to blend together and youve broken apart the shape. Hopefully it holds up.

Can we get some close ups? I am wanting to see the rings. Looks functional and I soubt it will hurt anything, and you wont have to worry about scratching it up. Although, you may not have been anyway.

Steve123,

You've got me laughing right now. Your right I could remove all the nuts and bolt's, and that scope wouldn't go anywhere.
laugh.gif

Roby,

Thanks, I was surprised myself at how well it did blend with just about anywhere I put it in the back yard. That's why I put it on the bar so you could see it a little better.

Hydro556,

I'll take some close-ups tonight. Those are all individual pieces (single piece wraps)from the tip of the barrel too the hand grip on the stock. From the grip back, it's one continuous piece.

When I do decide to paint, I'm going to try and get the color and pattern as close as I can to the tape.

-Pat

I can do this for you. Just send me the rifle and it will be done and back to you within 2 weeks.

It looks like you have the tape wrapped around the stock and the barrel continuously, is that the case? Or did you do the barreled action, and the stock separately?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARPredatorHunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can do this for you. Just send me the rifle and it will be done and back to you within 2 weeks. </div></div>

It may take take 2 weeks to remove the tape.
smile.gif

It does look great.

That bolt and triggr guard stick out like a soar thumb...
grin.gif

j/k, I can not blieve thats tape..looks good for a tape job.

Only six beers?

The butt and adjusting rod also look like individual pieces.

Just coating the black pieces will make them disapear too.

Nice job!

It's a deer rifle now, don't melt the tape off shooting!
How many MOA in that base?

jrp3,

I did not do them separately, although they are individual pieces. I'm sure it will have some effect on the barrels harmonic, but figured it wouldnt be as bad as direct contact between the stock and barrel like the original stock was. The barrel is free floated from the stock, and I'm hoping the stretch in the tape wont make a whole bunch of difference on point of impact, and it's ability to group shots together. I'll find out this weekend.

Shank & Hasgun...LOL...thanks.

TCA....Gotta come clean.....LOL....The count may, or may not have been higher, but I'll never tell.
wink.gif
It's a 20MOA Base, but the picture makes it look like it's about a 120MOA

Skeet...I'll have to start going back to my meetings
laugh.gif
Last time I got lose like that I decided the Live Rock in my Salt Water tank needed to be re-arranged....I woke up the next morning, looked at the tank, and almost had a heart attack. LOL!

-Pat