• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10,000 kettlebell swing challenge

Gregor.Samsa

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 4, 2019
    NorCal
    Anyone run this program before? Looks brutal but good. I’m running OG 531 right now but plan on hitting this to lose some fluff afterwards.

Reactions: PBWalsh
    That looks brutal... but I just got in a shiny new Rouge 28kg/62lb kettlebell that I’m still breaking in. I’m not going to stop my primary powerlifting movements, but this gives me some ideas for my afternoon cardio sessions.

Reactions: Gregor.Samsa
    Yeah thought this would be a good break from the powerlifting type routine. I need to bolster general fitness. DOMS for days lol

Ah, yeah I get that anytime I get the stupid bug for higher (10+) reps.

Ah, yeah I get that anytime I get the stupid bug for higher (10+) reps.

For me:

Screenshot_20200124-123924.png

I just started this challenge.

This really makes you focus on form. Maintaining good form for 500 reps is tough. Early in my fourth set, I had to turn off my music so I didn't have any distractions. It's tedious and demands your attention.

Reactions: clcustom1911
    Dang, 50 reps ain't no joke. 10, 15, 25 is easy, not so much at 50. On my 481st rep i did pause for like 10 seconds before finishing my last set of 50. All in all, don’t think I did terrible for a guy at ~21% body fat and a 28kilo kettlebell.

Some takeaways:
    - my hip hinge is decent, most likely from me having a solid finish on my deadlifts
    - assuming my form is good, my primary weakness is my grip, 50 reps was no issue for the rest of my body, my grip was shot by rep 30-35 of 50
    - sometimes I’d forget to do a superset exercise and had to make it up during my rest phase

Four days/2,000 reps in.

Time to complete workout dropped from 30:45 to 21:42.

I’m still struggling to maintain focus for the last hundred reps.

It hasn’t noticeably affected my other workouts.

I just started this challenge.

This really makes you focus on form. Maintaining good form for 500 reps is tough. Early in my fourth set, I had to turn off my music so I didn't have any distractions. It's tedious and demands your attention.
    Just started it yesterday. Absolutely correct on form. This is brutal on grip strength too. I wound up ripping all my callouses off so need to tape my hands for the next session. Definitely have to be a glutton for punishment, but felt great getting through it.

Four days/2,000 reps in.

Time to complete workout dropped from 30:45 to 21:42.

I’m still struggling to maintain focus for the last hundred reps.

It hasn’t noticeably affected my other workouts.
    Man you’re crushing it with those times. My conditioning is way off. Hope to get even remotely close to that by the time I’m done. Keep it up!

I'm gonna be on day 3 of workouts. Holy fuck. After day 1, I was so sore in my spinal erectors. I've never had a burn like this before in my glutes/core area. My obliques and other core areas are sore as well. Well see how this afternoons workout goes.

I'm gonna be on day 3 of workouts. Holy fuck. After day 1, I was so sore in my spinal erectors. I've never had a burn like this before in my glutes/core area. My obliques and other core areas are sore as well. Well see how this afternoons workout goes.

Yeah same here. First day ripped all my callouses off. This morning went way better, I taped my hands which helped immensely and wound up shaving almost 10 minutes off of my first day. I also loosened my grip, especially my thumbs and that definitely helped with grip fatigue. My inner thighs are taking apounding that would give Lana Rhodes a run for her money lol.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: clcustom1911
    I whipped up a spreadsheet with check boxes to share if it helps anyone. Unfortunately, it appears as though I'm unable to upload excel files here so if anyone wants a copy, PM me and I'll send it you via email.

Done!

Didn’t lose any weight, but my ass and quads look amazing. Got a little more definition in my shoulders and back.

Time to complete dropped to 18:09

Done!

Didn’t lose any weight, but my ass and quads look amazing. Got a little more definition in my shoulders and back.

Time to complete dropped to 18:09
    Holy shit. You ar a beast! Great to
    Hear your progress. I’m getting old lol. Still feel great and in on day 9. My time has dropped 20 minutes from my first. I’m hitting it every other day rather than consecutively. I don’t recover as quickly as I used to.

I know none of you care, but I can do 100 kettlebell swings without stopping in 2:57 and completed 500 in 15:29 (no alternate exercises and minimal rest between sets).

I am retiring from kettlebell swinging, but am open to other challenges.

Unfortunately, I have done it. I got antsy on a long vacation without any gym in sight in summer '16, so I did this. My hip flexors have never hurt so badly, before or since, but looking at pictures from that vacation, my abs never looked better. Would never do it again.

I know none of you care, but I can do 100 kettlebell swings without stopping in 2:57 and completed 500 in 15:29 (no alternate exercises and minimal rest between sets).

I am retiring from kettlebell swinging, but am open to other challenges.

Sounds like you need to find some heavier bells. I have a 106, 150 and 203 pounder

The workout that pushed me to get heavier kettlebells beyond 2 pood was a workout attributed to Andy Bolton - 10 swings on the minute for 10 minutes with a 203 pounder.

Dang heavy kettlebells you go there @JRaven

I’ve only used up to a 108lb. I’d love to see how a 150/203 feel like swinging.

Dang heavy kettlebells you go there @JRaven

I’ve only used up to a 108lb. I’d love to see how a 150/203 feel like swinging.

I started this again yesterday in solidarity with some of the crew in the UK and EU that are on lockdown and banging this out. I figured to use the 106 pounder this time. Day 2 and I am wrecked. It was a bad choice.

EE8C5707-B205-477B-8A7D-567F0346F9D4.jpeg

Last edited:
    Reactions: PBWalsh
    Anyone run this program before? Looks brutal but good. I’m running OG 531 right now but plan on hitting this to lose some fluff afterwards.
    I love 531 it works