• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos 10/22 after "update"

Kiba

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2011
Central CA
Decided to switch my 10/22 over from a silhouette configuration to more of a long range trainer configuration.

I machined off the integral non-canted weaver rail and machined a new 50MOA rail from a Millet gunsmith blank which was dowel pinned and attached with weaver head torx screws for maximum useable elevation out of the scope, changed from a Fajen silhouette stock to a Boyd's Tacticool with Karsten cheekrest, changed the old V-plex Weaver V16 to a Bushnell 3-12 x 44 FFP, and had Randy at CPC thread the barrel & receiver to eliminate the V block.

Details on the rail machining here:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2597952

Group was shot this morning at 200 yards with Wolf Match Target using a bipod in front and a Triad mini-wedge rear bag. Winds were changing from 3-9mph and was coming from the left. I did a good job with the wind for 9 of 10 shots but held too much holdover for one shot when the wind died down and hit too far to the left. Including my "goof" the group is about 2.35". Still a great group at 200 yards for a 10/22 IMO!