• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 Aluminum Chassis

bonifacio

Private
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2017
Looking around to switch out my Hunter stock. Want a nice one. Any others out there? Post a pic.
I think I like the Engineered Silence the best. May just go with PMACA.

Would need to accept a buffer tube, since I already impulse purchased an adjustable stock.

Crazy Ivan
Engineered Silence
Nordic
Troy
Rival Arms
Dlask Arms
Wiland
Enoch
PMACA
Midwest Industries
KIDD

Attachments

• 1022.jpg
    1022.jpg
    695.2 KB · Views: 195
The best one I've found is the Kidd chassis. Nice and light, total weight including buttstock, tube and pistol grip, 2 lbs. Has a rear anchoring screw so that even with a stock 10/22, you can tighten down your action in the rear to prevent movement. I have a heavy barreled 10/22 with barrel threaded to receiver by CPC, this rifle was always accurate, but the with the Kidd chassis, it has really improved consistency. I added a Magpul bipod onto mine with the Mlok mount, very stable/solid.

Pictures of the chassis on their site, I don't have a handy pic of my rifle.

KRG will be dropping their Bravo chassis for the 10/22 later this month if you like the ergonomics of the magpul. They have put a lot of time in it to make it really right It’s got aluminum bedding in it. I’ve Been waiting for the day they drop.

PDC Customs will inlet their chassis for 10/22 great prices, veteran and first responder discount. I don't have PDC chassis for 10/22, my Tikka T1X with scope weighs around 10 pounds in one. Call and talk to Craig he is a good guy.

49922392043_7e9a6311b3_h.jpg

50614005752_1753b88aa4_h.jpg

https://www.pdccustom.com/shop/
My Kidd with 16" barrel.
50253873126_8be9dc607a_k.jpg

PMACA 4#13 OZ handguard is cut up ALG bolts and epoxy putty works ok.
50253192698_7c85a2dc5a_k.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6gunner
I really like that PDC, base model with the adjustable buttplate is right around $500, if it works with the KIDD rear tang might be the best solution I've seen so far.

I can say avoid the Mcree Precision chassis for two reasons. First the trigger to grip distance is too far, and second and most important it's 3 piece chassis. The forearm is bolted to the action section and the stock adapter bolts onto the action section, as a result there was a lot of forearm flex. After some machining and steel epoxy it's now rock solid, but had I known it was in multiple sections I'd have never bought it, it's too bad too because it would be really nice if it was 1 piece and the trigger distance was shorter.

A big problem I have with a lot of them is the forearm is way too short, even the "long" versions of some are only 6-7", they need 12+" options to get the bipods out front. PMACA would be my choice if they made an even longer version of the "long nose" which still looks very short at about 7", and they offered an ARCA rail option. The Oryx and KRG look interesting but neither are setup for AR stocks. If KRG comes out with a KIDD compatible version down the road I think it's probably by far the most bang/features for the $.

I really like that Midwest Industries version, haven't seen that one before, but it says it's not compatible with aftermarket triggers, and I'd rather see more handguard interlocking for stiffness, but it might be rock solid too.

One thing so many of these is missing is some way to lock in the rear of the action, you can simulate it with bedding somewhat. I've thought about having my volquartsen, while it shoots amazing as it is, milled for the KIDD rear tang add-on, but the downside is we don't have many good chassis options as it is, and most don't work with the KIDD rear tang. Oryx has an interesting "fix" where the rear of the stock basically clamps the receiver, certainly better than nothing but I'd still like some sort of actual action screw that can be torqued consistently. The Titan spike anchor is another such attempt at a fix.

Last edited:
One thing so many of these is missing is some way to lock in the rear of the action, you can simulate it with bedding somewhat. I've thought about having my volquartsen, while it shoots amazing as it is, milled for the KIDD rear tang add-on, but the downside is we don't have many good chassis options as it is, and most don't work with the KIDD rear tang. Oryx has an interesting "fix" where the rear of the stock basically clamps the receiver, certainly better than nothing but I'd still like some sort of actual action screw that can be torqued consistently. The Titan spike anchor is another such attempt at a fix.

Like I said above...I have the Kidd, it already has a rear action screw to torque down a standard (non-kidd-tang) 10/22 action. It works great.

Yep it does, but the forearm on the KIDD chassis is way too short for me, by at least 6", even for a 16" barrel build, so it's a non-starter on my list.

^Agreed on the length, it's compact. If you want a PRS-style chassis, this isn't the one to get. It's light and compact, it's an awesome crossover, all-around chassis that will let you get bench gun accuracy and still be light enough to pick up and go plinking with it. In my case, was what I wanted. I think if PRS-style is what somebody is after, that G5c above is lookin' mighty good. 😁

I just ordered an Oryx 10/22 chassis Friday morning, should arrive Monday. I have this same chassis on my Savage.308 and love it. I have been using a X-22 stock on my 10/22 build, it’s ok and does the job but I never totally loved it, so when I saw Oryx now had a chassis for the 10/22 I had to get one.

Reactions: ScottPriestley
I just ordered an Oryx 10/22 chassis Friday morning, should arrive Monday. I have this same chassis on my Savage.308 and love it.

Would love to hear how you like it on the 10/22 - Just snagged one for my Remington 700 and looking forward to trying it out. Just bought a new 10/22 and was thinking Titan, Boyds Pro Varming, KRG Bravo 10/22 or Oryx. Waiting for Black Friday hoping for a good deal on one of them.

PDC Customs will inlet their chassis for 10/22 great prices, veteran and first responder discount. I don't have PDC chassis for 10/22, my Tikka T1X with scope weighs around 10 pounds in one. Call and talk to Craig he is a good guy.

49922392043_7e9a6311b3_h.jpg

50614005752_1753b88aa4_h.jpg

https://www.pdccustom.com/shop/
My Kidd with 16" barrel.
50253873126_8be9dc607a_k.jpg

PMACA 4#13 OZ handguard is cut up ALG bolts and epoxy putty works ok.
50253192698_7c85a2dc5a_k.jpg
Craig is a friend of mine and I have several of his chassis my favorite being my 10/22 chassis.

I went with a McRees when they first came out with them for the 10/22. I am very happy with it. All Kidd components ... shoots very well.

My oryx is on its way as well as a bunch of Kidd items. :)

I also recommend the Accurate Rifle Systems chassis, I have two of them. My KIDD Supergrade sits in one and my Vudoo sits in the other. They are awesome. I can also recommend the KIDD, I have one of those on my Rimfire Steel Challenge rifle and really like it also. My next chassis will be the KRG Bravo for a KIDD hunting rifle I am building. I also had a McRees with a CZ and really liked it, but sold it when I sold the CZ rifle. Finally, I also use a PMACA on a Ruger Charger and liek it as well. Over all, my recommendation is the Accurate Rifle Systems.

Lots of options, but something else to consider. If you go with a Accurate Rifle System, McRees, or KRG, you are pretty much done. If you go with the KIDD or PMACA, then you still have to make up your mind on the other parts you will need to complete the set up.

I went with the Accurate Rifle Systems chassis for my custom Joe Chacon 10/22 style barreled action and really like it.
It is available for both standard and rear tang rifles.
Also available with an AR style rear stock.
RandolphMachineRest2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Frankr , my barrel is an 18” custom made from a Green Mountain blank. A 16” barrel would still clear but might not look quite as attractive in the chassis.

There are few very light chassis available right now: Taccom ULW chassis is at 12.2 oz, Deep Six chassis is at 13.0 oz, and Kidd chassis is at 17.75 oz.

I have two chassis builds: Deep Six Chassis and Kidd Tactical Chassis

50681555637_d763bf2833_h.jpg

50681473896_f01a9e4ff3_h.jpg

50409509398_417bca6704_b.jpg

Last edited:
The ModShot chassis is about 18oz total. Total weight for the rifle (center) is 3lb 2.5oz
Trio.jpg