• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 Barrel, fluted and threaded

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2009
Western WA
I'm looking for 10/22 barrel options that are fluted and threaded(for a can). I had been planning on a Tac Solutions barrel but I keep reading about poor accuracy.
Can any one make a recommendation of a fluted, threaded barrel for roughly $200?
Thank you!

-Toyz

Re: 10/22 Barrel, fluted and threaded

I think you should talk to barrel manufaturer which have plenty in US and ask them to make thread for you. I think it's not difficult for them.

I've got a Tac. Solutions barrel on my 10/22 and MKII. The pistol is more accurate than the orig. (6" standard before). The rifle is more accurate than factory but not as accurate as my E.R. Shaw barreled 10/22. I honestly haven't spent much time trying different ammo. The Tac. Sol. 10/22 is averaging 1/2" or just under at 50yd. At 100yd w/Federal match (IIRC 719-haven't tried the 711's yet) it was averaging a little over 1" to 1.5-1.75". YMMV

I just ordered an ER Shaw threaded and helical fluted for 249.00. They said they're 16 weeks back ordered on it.

As far as Tact Sol. I have one of their Pac Lites on my pistol and it is a tack driver. I shoot it at 35 to sight in and it stacks bullets one on another. The rifle barrel I have is about the same, but it's only 5.5 (SBR) I haven't formally accuracy tested either one though.

I have a Tac. Sol. barrel on my 10/22. I would not recommend it. The aluminum on the face of the breech is getting pitted and erroded. It has dents around the extractor groove from stove pipes.

“ER Shaw for $249”. I'll need to do some research there. I do recognize the name but not familiar.
Is your ER Shaw Stainless or Chrome?
Any idea how much it weighs?
Did that include the thread protector?

Interestingly, I recently talked to Glen at Seekins about Tac Solutions (both from Idaho I guess). He thought that their products were awesome and said he thought that Tac Solutions would stand behind their barrels, if was inaccurate they would replace it...Sounds great but seems like a stretch.

-Toyz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrtoyz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.... said he thought that Tac Solutions would stand behind ..... </div></div>

From talking to them and their web site info they only guarantee them to shoot 1" @50yrds(I wish I'd read that FIRST).

Link <-----

I ended up giving mine away.....
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mrtoyz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“ER Shaw for $249”. I'll need to do some research there. I do recognize the name but not familiar.
Is your ER Shaw Stainless or Chrome?
Any idea how much it weighs?
Did that include the thread protector?

Interestingly, I recently talked to Glen at Seekins about Tac Solutions (both from Idaho I guess). He thought that their products were awesome and said he thought that Tac Solutions would stand behind their barrels, if was inaccurate they would replace it...Sounds great but seems like a stretch.

-Toyz </div></div>

Mine is stainless and no thread protector. The helical fluting is the most expensive thing on that barrel. I had a gift cert for $250.00 so it worked out perfectly. I've got a bunch of 1/2 x 28 thread protectors at the house anyway from other barrels now wearing suppressors. Not sure on the weight.

As far as Tactical Solutions, They've stood behind every product I've bought from them. I had some issues with my Pac-Lite not functioning. Sent it back and no jams since then. Pretty good for a .22. I don't think their barrels are designed for extreme accuracy. Their designed to be accurate but primarily light weight and portable. I'll have to group my little shorty and see what it will do.

I guess I should ad that weight is a concern. Didnt think about it...
Are there any other manuf. that make a lighter weight bull barrel?

-Toyz

I just spoke with Whistle Pig.
16" fluted, threaded, w/cap, black about 17oz. $220
Looks like the Tac Solutions barrel weighs 15oz and is $235.

Interesting

-Toyz

I know there are a couple companies making carbon fiber wrapped barrels, or plastic at least. But I don't know of any that can be threaded for a can. There just isn't enough steel at the end to do it.