• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

10/22 barrel with 1:11 twist

BAMAboy18

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2020
Just won a charger on GB. Just finished putting my old 10/22 back together, still need to sight in the scope. Just sighted the scope on my (new to me) Mk II target tactical, gonna send it out to be threaded!
So 25yrs ago I had purchased a 10/22 from Wal-Mart, as far as I could tell they had an exclusive on the stainless/laminated mannlicher stocked rifles. I did everything I could to squeeze all the accuracy out of her. Later about 15 years ago I bought the new Ruger 10/22 target tactical with the factory 16" hammer forged bull barrel in a black Hogue stock. To say I was disappointed would be a gross understatement. I ended up doing all the trigger mods and then I bought a new bull barrel that just about got it to where my old mannlicher was. The barrel was a most excellent stainless bull, threaded, and came optimized for 60 grain SSS with a twist rate of 1:11. I can't remember the name of the company, and I don't think they lasted more than a couple of years.
Back in 2009/10/11 I sold all my guns/ammo to survive. I never expect to own a smidge of what I had, but some of the fun toys are coming back. Anyone remember that company? Or know anyone producing a similar barrel today?
And why I'm asking, any experiences, thoughts on the Ruger silent SR?