• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 Bravo Accuracy Issues

Vodak

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2020
SF Peninsula
I want to preface this by saying I'm not bagging on KRG's product here. The 10-22 has been in production for decades, with multiple variants and clone's in circulation. It would be damn near impossible for a rigid chassis to fit them all perfectly.
Is anyone else noticing a drop in accuracy after swapping to the Bravo? I love the feel of this chassis, but my chassis/receiver fit is loose, and groups have opened way up. Previously I was able to shoot about 1.25-1.5" at 100 yds with this rifle. (I think, maybe I'm cherry picking my memory) Right now it's shooting about 3" with wild dispersal patterns and fliers sometimes landing a few inches further out. I tried packing shims in alongside the rear of the receiver, (.006" on each side) and a strip of rubber on the rear hump of the trigger group. Neither seemed to have helped. I then wedged a .22 chamber flag alongside my barrel (not enough clearance to go under) and that made a noticeable improvement. Groups dropped to about 2". I'm considering going to the thin front shim, and a rubber pressure pad at the end of the stock to see if that helps. Ultimately I'll probably go ahead and order a Kidd rear tang and try installing that. I do already have a rear cleaning hole drilled, hopefully it's a workable size and location for the rear tang.
Anyone else have issues? What have you tried, and what results have you had?

How many inch lbs are you torquing the action screw? Mine seems to work best at around 20 lbs. there really shouldn’t be much play in the action. What ammo are you using mine loves sk standard plus really good ammo for the money. Mid south shooters supply has it in stock now

What stock was it in before? Was the barrel free floating in the old stock?

It sounds like your barrel does not like to be free floated.

Started with 20 inch pounds, tried going up in steps to 30 with no real improvement.
Have shot CCI standard, RWS match rifle, SK standard, Wolf match and match extra.
Previous stock was a Hogue, barrel was free floating. Not opposed to using a pressure pad, but prefer to float it. I would like to get some elevation back by countering BBL droop with the pressure pad though, so that could be a positive effect.

Last edited:
That’s an interesting idea with the set screw. Have you used one? I would be a little concerned about it working loose over time but I suppose it could be thread locked in place.

That’s an interesting idea with the set screw. Have you used one? I would be a little concerned about it working loose over time but I suppose it could be thread locked in place.
I have the gunsmither some blue thread lock and your sorted

I am shooting the bravo chassis with a Kidd reciever that has the rear screw along w a timney trigger and a proof barrel. It shoots very well with cheap Remington ammo around 1.5” at 100 on a calm day and a 7-35 night force up top. Over kill for sure but a fun rifle to shoot