• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 fully suppressed sniper

arnt inge

Private
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2009
Norway
Hey.
I`m considering making my 10/22 into a clone of the fully suppressed ones that were used in Vietnam for killing dogs at some distance. But I wonder if someone of you have some drawings, pictures or anything of the bolt stop mechanism. It is the mechanism that prevents the gun from reloading.

Re: 10/22 fully suppressed sniper

Get the proper forms filled out & tax stamps and transfer fees paid BEFORE you start on anything that is a progression away from a commercial 10/22 or you'll run into the type of trouble that sticks with you.

No problem, I live in Norway. And as long as you got the gun, you can buy so many suppressors you want for it. It`s only the gun that needs some paperwork to buy. So, no need to worry. I`m not going to do anything illegal.

Silencers are not regulated in Norway, Sweeden, Finland or the UK.
(I'm sure there are others as well.)

From what I hear, they are inexpensive and use of them is encouraged to cut down on noise polution.
I suppose since firearms are more tightly regulated there, they feel that there is no need to regulate suppressors.

Silencers are not regulated here (yet), and you can get them pretty cheap, from around 100$. But I fear that silencers can be regulated when our gun laws are changed soon.