• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 10/22 Glass Help

texasplinker

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
Kentucky Bluegrass
Greetings yall, I dont post much, but I read here a fair bit - the hide is a fine resource. After much searching and browsing I am still looking for the right glass for my 10/22. Perhaps yall can point me in the right direction.

Primary use, paper punching 50 - 150yds, with some squirrel hunting.

Criteria:
- ~$200 - ~400 range. $450 would be pushing it unless it was dead nuts exactly what I want. If a used scope can be reliably had in this range I am interested.
- reliably - holds zero and tracks true with repeatable clicks (once I get zeroed, I tend to holdover based on the mil-dots, so If the 1/4 clicks are in fact reliably 1/3 I am ok with that.)
- mil or mil based reticle.
- adjustable objective down to 10yds
- variable power up to at least 10X. 12x acceptable.
- 40-46 objective, I will consider as low as 32, and up to 50 if everything else is spot on.
-respectable glass - emphasis on clarity, not color.
- ~20 oz in weight.

nice to have features that are very optional

- mil based turrets
- illuminated reticle
- lockable target turrets

The sightron sIII 3.5-10x44 is about as close as I have seen to what I want, but its about twice as much as I want to spend.
http://swfa.com/Sightron-35-10x44-SIII-30mm-Riflescope-P9148.aspx

Falcon Menace, Hawke and Millet seem to have almost what I want, but with to many Xs and ounces. Have I overlooked anything there (Hawke especially seems to have a zillion scopes)?

I have experience with tasco varminter, leapers accushot, simmons aetec and bushnell 3200 level glass. Glass quality in the aetec to 3200 range is what I have in mind for this optic. I have a Bushnell elite tactical 3-12 that I really like on my 5.56 but, I am not in a position to put another on my 10/22.

Any suggestions and direction are certainly appreciated!

Thanks!
-todd

Re: 10/22 Glass Help

im in the same boat, i did a little research and was told the WOTAC 4-14x50 is a decent scope , would kinda be interested to hear more opinions of it, as i have never used one. but i like how the turrets match the reticle...might be something to consider, but i can't speak from experience.

you all need to spoil yourself more, I have a nice sn3 for sale

I spoiled myself with the Bushnell I put on my sprish rifle.

Ill give ya $450 for the sn3
wink.gif

talking to some other folks i have had lots of recommendations for Hawke sidewinders, clearidge xp xp5, muller apt, sightron sII. Sightrons seem like a solid choice. the hawkes are interesting and i would like to know more about the clearidge. apart from mil turrets the clearidge looks almost exactly like what i want.

http://clearidgeoptics.com/default.aspx?act=pro&opt=detail&id=841

http://swfa.com/Sightron-4-16x42-SII-Riflescope-P6047.aspx

I just bought a Mueller 4.5-14x40 APT and put it on my 10/22. It is good glass and tracks well (although have not used it too much yet). Weighs around 23 oz and retails for around 170. I am very pleased with it so far. Got great reviews from my research.
Take a look at one if you can.

I also need to get some good glass for my 10/22. I will have to check into some of those scopes.

I have a Clearidge 3x9 mildot rimfire scope on my 10/22 and have been pleased with it.
Fits the rifle well.