• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 10/22 Integrally Suppressed Barrels

Re: 10/22 Integrally Suppressed Barrels

I have a 10/22 w/ the YHM suppressed barrel. It's a fun gun to shoot. I have to be honest I don't think I've ever really shot groups with it. But I have an 8" plate set at 100 yards that is pretty easy to hit off-hand with CCI stnd vel rounds.

Standard velocity rounds stay sub-sonic in my experience. It sounds pretty good. I seriously doubt it's as good as the new AAC version that's either out or soon to be. But for what I paid it's been a fun toy.

I do hate cleaning the dang thing...

I've only had it out 3 - 4 times. I'll shoot a couple of hundred rounds at most and then clean it. One thing I learned is that it really does like Hornady Dry Lube.

[url="http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/270323/hornady-one-shot-gun-cleaner-degreaser-and-dry-lubricant-5-1-2-oz-aerosol"]http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/270323/...-1-2-oz-aerosol[/url]

The suppressor tends to freeze up to the barrel once it cools. I added some high temp grease to the threads and it seems to help - once it's time to remove for cleaning.

There are some great threads here on integral barreled .22s

One would want to shoot the round that the barrel was designed for. A great integral is tuned to a round. That is how one maximizes the subsonic velocity, making it just shy of transonic. In other words, the only reason to not use a blast can is the integrals ability to take a supersonic round and make it uniformly as powerful as subsonic will allow. The other reason one builds an integral .22 that does not come apart is that .22 integrals that can apply torque back to the receiver can provide remarkable improvements in accuracy through barrel harmonic suppression.

A great .22 integral is one of the finest .22s a person can own. I would recommend only shooting supersonic plated/washed bullets made with clean burning powder.

If you have money for many suppressors, the integral makes sense.

If not, you will probably look at a collection of 3-4 or even 5 .22lr weapons at some point and wish you could move the suppressor around.

Afford the weapons, afford the cans....no difference.

One silent, hyper accurate .22 integral of your choice is one of the wonders of the suppressor world. Once owned, rarely regretted.

I will have to agree with Rollingthunder on this one. I have an AWC Ultra II integrally suppressed CZ bolt action and it is an amazing piece of equipment. <span style="color: #FF0000">EVERY</span> blast can I have heard to date pales in comparison. Not only that, it is as accurate as most target 22 rifles I have shot. I messed with the take apart "integrals" when I first started out and frankly I wouldn't waste my money again. Buy once and get the best. You will not regret it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like they only sell them as a complete gun. Can you just buy the barrels? </div></div>

No, only complete guns. Just sell your current gun when the AWC comes in.

No they do not, think about it....
In order to get compression into the barrel formula they need to work the whole package. You end up with one perfect product. Do yourself a favor and at least hear it. Everything else pales.

Also, remember any integral barrel worth a piss will not fit in a standard inlet forearm. If your buying an integral that does, stop. So there is work to be done.

Call them and ask if they can build on your receiver. What am I saying? 10/22 right? Of course they can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Call them and ask if they can build on your receiver. </div></div>

Or this....