• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes 10/22 optic

Bevan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2009
I stuck an ACOG on my 10/22 and it worked pretty damn well once I stuck an inch of foam under my stockpack to raise the comb a bit. I could hit shit easy to 130 meters using the marked reticle, then I ran out of reticle

P8240212.jpg

P8240213.jpg

Now the ACOG is back on the AR, what do you reckon? Time to buy a second one for the little gun?

Re: 10/22 optic

For my 10/22, I picked up a Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40 at the local Cabelas. Really good quality and a good price ($150 ish). I was really surprised at the clarity of the lenses (in a good way) and every bit as nice as the $300+ leupold models. I'd say it's worth a look if you haven't checked them out.

"so I'm thinking of buying a high-end fixed 4x32 illuminated optic with a ballistic reticle for my 10/22, because I've trialed one on there and it worked, what do you reckon?"

"how about this totally unrelated budget 3-9x40?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"so I'm thinking of buying a high-end fixed 4x32 illuminated optic with a ballistic reticle for my 10/22, because I've trialed one on there and it worked, what do you reckon?"

"how about this totally unrelated budget 3-9x40?" </div></div>

So what, you just want approval to by what you have already decided on? Expect suggestions when you post something like this and not all of them will be what you think is the right answer. There is no call for the sarcasm, people are trying to help.

Bevan - My mistake, I assumed you wanted 'real' advice, not a fan club telling you go spend 800-1000 bucks on an ACOG.

Your 10/22 rifle costs about $250 here in the states. One would assume you'd want advice based on what would compliment your equipment. An ACOG is a battle optic designed for the 5.56 (and other high power rounds) and its capabilities, not 22lr. It would appear that such a purchase would be a complete waste of money with regard to its intended use.

Best of luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: predatornut</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"so I'm thinking of buying a high-end fixed 4x32 illuminated optic with a ballistic reticle for my 10/22, because I've trialed one on there and it worked, what do you reckon?"

"how about this totally unrelated budget 3-9x40?" </div></div>

So what, you just want approval to by what you have already decided on? Expect suggestions when you post something like this and not all of them will be what you think is the right answer. There is no call for the sarcasm, people are trying to help.</div></div>

I put 10x more rounds through .22 than other rifles, why not good glass? And it works great with the BDC reticle

The close-out Vortex 2-7x32 is what I've been using. Great optic at a good price and I can always take it off and scope a hunting rifle in any reasonable caliber with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now the ACOG is back on the AR, what do you reckon? Time to buy a second one for the little gun? </div></div>

You posed a question, not a statement, and some answers came via other recommendations than another ACOG. The only sarcastic response is your own. I support the advice given that a 2.5-10X or 3-9X is a better choice and will work just fine for less $$ and weight.

Next time I think you should just pose a question and then proceed to answer yourself in subsequent posts. That way, you're guaranteed to get the responses you're looking for.

ACOG's are a lot of scope for a 10/22 in my opinion. I agree with one of the posters above. Why put an $800-1000 scope on a $200 gun? I have an ACOG on my duty rifle (M4) but of course my life may depend on that piece of equipment one day. My 10/22 on the other hand is for plinking and shooting for fun. I bought that rifle at a gun show at 16 and just passed it on to my daughter. The rifle cost me $125. I just put a BSA 4x mil dot scope on it, cost me all of $10 here on the hide.

More expensive scopes, in my experience, dont make pulling the trigger that much more enjoyable enough for me to justify spending $800 on a scope for a $200 gun. My 2 cents.

You can find me a 10/22 with a 12" barrel and suppressor in the US for $150 and I'll find you someone who's not obeying the NFA
laugh.gif

You'd all hate this setup then

P8230211.jpg

(gave in to common sense and bought a 2,5-8x36 Mk4 with M2/TMR because the ACOG is just too high)