• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 10/22 scope mount

AHart76

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Haubstadt, Indiana
I am in the process of specing out a 10/22 since my local range is hosting monthly NRL22 matches. I started a thread in the rimfire section, but nobody seems to be too helpful in there, so I'll keep this scope/base related. Being that I will be shooting 100 yards at the matches, I figured I would need a base with some elevation built in. I am going to use my Vortex PST 6-24FFP off my big rifle for now as I don't want to spend the cash on another scope quite yet. So what base do you guys recommend? Or at least what elevation? I see anywhere from 15-25 moa. A true pic rail style base would be preferred, but I would gladly like to see any suggestions! Thanks!!

Check out the EGW 10/22 bases, they make them in 0 and 20 MOA tapers, if you plan on shooting past 50 yards I would just go ahead and get the 20 MOA base. I ran the 0 MOA base for a long time on my 10/22 but moved over to the 20 MOA base when I started shooting rimfire challenge matches. With the EGW 20 MOA base on my 10/22 and I've got plenty elevation to get zeroed at 50 yards and dial to 300 yards with my Nightforce 2.5-10, I think it's something like 13.4 mils of elevation that I can dial. Now the rimfire challenge matches can have us shooting from 15 to 300 yards so a little different then your application perhaps but why not have some extra elevation on tap just in case. The EGW bases are also very budget friendly and are machined pretty good IMO too.

Sounds like a good option! yea the NRL22 is only out to 100 yards, but a little extra wiggle room on elevation never hurt anybody! You have no trouble dialing down on the 15 yard shots? Or do you just know your holds?

The 15 yard shots have been on pretty big targets, I just dialed down to 2.5X and held dead on. At 15 yards you don't dial down any way, you'd actually have to dial up, it's a hold over just like it'd be if the target was past your zero distance because the bullet is still coming up to the intersection point of your zero. At 15 yards my dope is 1.3 mils which equates to about 3/4" at that distance.