• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 scope mounting question

45user

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2005
Norwalk, CA 90650
So now I have a super sniper coming my way and need some help mounting scope. I think I am going to get EGW or Rimfiretech's 20 MOA base and Burris XTR rings. Which ring height do I need to get? Any other ring/base combination that's working for your 10/22 long range rig?
Thanks for your help in advance!

Re: 10/22 scope mounting question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45user</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So now I have a super sniper coming my way and need some help mounting scope. I think I am going to get EGW or <span style="color: #FF0000">Rimfiretech's 20 MOA base</span> and Burris XTR rings. Which ring height do I need to get? Any other ring/base combination that's working for your 10/22 long range rig?
Thanks for your help in advance!
45 </div></div>
Does RimfireTech make a 10/22 base? I looked at their site and didn't find one. Did you mean Tactical Solutions because I know they do make a 20MOA 10/22 picatinny base

Maybe they don't. I may have wrong info. Anybody wanna share their setting?
Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45user</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe they don't. I may have wrong info. Anybody wanna share their setting?
Thanks,
45 </div></div>
I've never seen a 10/22 base or rail from RT advertised, so I don't believe they make any. I've used both the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Tactical Solutions 15 MOA Picatinny Rail</span></span> as well as the <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">EGW 20 MOA Extended Picatinny Rail</span></span>. I like both - which base works better for you is the question.

Depending upon your scope's dimensions and where the saddles/controls are located theres a good chance that the EGW may provide you with more mounting options because of its' extended length. On the other hand, the extension may interfere with the objective bell on certain scopes (in order to mount a Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14X 40mm A.O. on my MOA 10/22 I needed to shorten the extension).

So, if you don't need the extended length to mount your scope and accessories the Tac Sol 15 MOA Rail will work well, and you are only "losing" 5 MOA on the top end. On scopes with lots of travel such as the Falcon 4-14X 44mm and the 5-25Xs 5 MOA should be insignificant.

One other thing - I like using bases and rails that are as low as possible, and having the option of raising the scope by using taller bases or rails. With a tall base or rail you don't have a choice. This is one reason I usually dislike EGW bases (I've found their bases tend to be slightly taller for a given amount of MOA when compared to some other rails such as Seekins, OPS Inc., and others. However, I did a lot of research before building my two 10/22s' and the only 20 MOA 10/22 Picatinny Rail that I could find that mounts on the receiver is the EGW Extended Rail.

Keith