• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 Stock Sight Question

FALex

Headmaster of Romper Room
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2011
USA
I am having trouble distinguishing where to hit this sight to make it shift for windage. I have a side pic of the cheap stock 10/22 sight on my new 10/22. You will notice the different colored boxes each outline a part of the sight. The manual simply states to hit the "base of the sight" in the direction you want the bullet to impact, but it does not specify what the actual base of the sight is; for instance, hit it where the yellow box is outlining... If anyone on here could identify the proper place to hit it, I sure would appreciate it! Thanks again...

RUGER2 by 911bagman, on Flickr

Re: 10/22 Stock Sight Question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">definately red, or you'll be buying a new sight. </div></div>

This is gospel. Saw it happen to a friend. Really, sure, thats who it was.....

Re: 10/22 Stock Sight Question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clodhopper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Red it is. I have a broken sight to prove it. </div></div>

this is exactly why I asked...