• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 Takedown Reciever

tag_heuer

Lead Farmer and Garbage Collector
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2013
NOR CAL
Does anyone know if someone sells a 10/22 Takedown Reciever that’s not Tactical Solutions. I’ve heard Brownells is coming out with one, just don’t know when. Anyways...I’m looking to build a 10/22, I just don’t want to pay a ton.

I see some just receiver only takedowns on GunBroker. I have no idea if they are a good price though.

Ruger does make them. I just want the receiver. Nothing else. I plan on building my own. My other alternative is to buy the cheapest takedown and get rid of all the parts and build it from there.

Kind of what I was thinking. Still probably the most economical way to get a basic receiver.

Glad it worked out. FWIW, Brownells now has a stripped 10/22 receivers starting at $79 and barreled actions (included threaded) starting around $159. That was a good enough deal for me to dig around in my parts drawer and realize I could put a plinker together with just the $89 railed receiver. I got it in 4 days and by all accounts a quality product.

To your original post, as I understand it, they are supposed to have takedown receivers on sale this fall.

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/search/?cid=10898&k=&t=P&avs|Make~~Model_1=Ruger__10zz1zz22

ZY

Glad it worked out. FWIW, Brownells now has a stripped 10/22 receivers starting at $79 and barreled actions (included threaded) starting around $159. That was a good enough deal for me to dig around in my parts drawer and realize I could put a plinker together with just the $89 railed receiver. I got it in 4 days and by all accounts a quality product.

To your original post, as I understand it, they are supposed to have takedown receivers on sale this fall.

https://www.brownells.com/aspx/search/?cid=10898&k=&t=P&avs|Make~~Model_1=Ruger__10zz1zz22

ZY

I saw the threaded barrel version, which made me wonder about the quality of the barrel. I'm not a huge semi auto fan (for fun shooting), but wouldn't mind sticking one of those in a Victor stock.

I saw the threaded barrel version, which made me wonder about the quality of the barrel. I'm not a huge semi auto fan (for fun shooting), but wouldn't mind sticking one of those in a Victor stock.

Not to take this too far off the OP, but $75 more for for a threaded bull barrel, I put one on back-order. Thats about 40% the price of any threaded barrel out there...and for kids shooting cans with bulk ammo, probably perfect. $159 for a receiver with integrated picatinny rail and threaded bull barrel is hard to beat.

I will try some Eley in it and probably be pleasantly surprised.

ZY

Last edited: